The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times News. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax listing information to (423) 392-1385 or contact the Sports Department evenings at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 4323. Include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• ETSU PROSPECT CAMP, for grades 9-12, is Nov. 13-14, from 9 a.m.-noon, at Thomas Stadium. Cost is $150. For more information, visit etsubucs.com/fanzone/camps/.
• EASTSIDE YOUTH basketball signups, for pre-K through seventh grade students enrolled at CPS, CMS and SPE, are being accepted. In-person signups are from 6-8 p.m. on Oct. 18 and Oct. 19 at CMS and from 6-8 p.m. on Oct. 20 at SPE. Call Coach Damron at (276) 219-7964 or Deventae Mooney at (276) 6094 with questions.
• SWARM BASKETBALL will conduct winter tryouts for boys and girls on Oct. 17 and Oct. 24 at TNT Sportsplex, 600 E. Main St., Kingsport. Swarm Basketball is a club program with more than 300 teams across 20 states, including Knoxville, Chattanooga, Memphis and Kingsport in Tennessee. The tryout times are: for grades 3-5, 2-3 p.m.; grades 6-8, 3-4 p.m.; and grades 9-12, 4-5 p.m. To learn more, go online at swarm-basketball.com.
• QUILLEN 100 will be held Saturday, Oct. 16 on the track at Bristol Motor Speedway. Cyclists of all experience levels can participate in this full day of relay events to benefit Speedway Children’s Charities. The event, created by students of the ETSU Quillen College of Medicine, has four options: the Quillen 100, the Little Q relay races and the two new criteriums. The Women’s Criterium, from 9-9:45 a.m., will start off the day. Solo riders will cycle for 40 minutes before completing two laps to determine the winner. The same rules will apply for the Men’s Criterium, which is set for 10-10:45 a.m. Registration for each event is $40. The Little Q, for non-competitive riders of all experience levels, will begin at noon. Relay teams will consist of two to four riders, with each team required to perform four exchanges over the 40 lap (20-mile) race. Registration is $30. The Quillen 100, the day’s main event, will begin at 1:30 p.m. for a 100-lap (50-mile) race around the track. Relay teams will consist of two to four riders with each team required to perform 10 exchanges. Registration is $40. For more information, go online at thequillen100.com or visit the Quillen 100 Facebook page.
• TUSCULUM HOMECOMING GOLF TOURNAMENT will be held Friday, Oct. 22 at Graysburg Hills Golf Club. Lunch and registration begin at 12:30 p.m. followed by a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The four-person captain's choice event is being held in conjunction with Tusculum's homecoming week festivities. Registration is $300 per team or a special rate of $350 that includes one hole sponsorship. A team with a Tusculum alum receives $60 off the entry fee. Register online at go.tusculum.edu/homecoming/ or contact Josh Ealy at (423) 636-7331 or email@example.com.
• VIRTUAL QUARRY RUN 5K, a fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, is taking place in October. Under the virtual format, participants may run or walk 5 kilometers anywhere and anytime from midnight on Oct. 9 through 11:55 p.m. on Oct. 18. Go online at tennesseebig.org/events to learn more and to register.
• 19th SURGOINSVILLE 10 MILER road race is set for Saturday, Oct. 16, starting at 8 a.m., at Surgoinsville Middle School. This Skelton Law Racing Series event is the 2021 RRCA Tennessee State 10 Mile Championship as well as part of the SFTC King & Queen Competition and Long Distance Series. Contact race director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• DEVILS' DASH GLOW RUN 5K will be held Saturday, Nov. 27, starting at 4 p.m. in downtown Gate City and ending at Legion Field. Entry fee is $25. Backdraft BBQ and The Snack Shack will be set up from 1:30-6:30 p.m. at the race site. For more information or to sign up, go online at runsignup.com/Race/va/gatecity/devilsdashglowrun5k. Registration forms are available in the high school and middle school offices, Southern Collective and Wildwood on Jackson.
• EASTMAN RECREATION VOLLEYBALL is forming leagues for women's and mixed (six-person) teams. All leagues will play on Mondays. Practice begins Monday, Sept. 27 and the season begins Monday, Oct. 25 at the V.O. Dobbins and Lynn View community centers. Rosters should be submitted by Thursday, Oct. 14, along with the $120 entry fee per team. Those interested in organizing a team should contact Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765 or the Eastman Recreation Office at (423) 229-3771. Learn more by visiting eastmanrecreationclub.com.