• ETSU BASEBALL COACH Joe Pennucci is conducting several camps this summer at Thomas Stadium. The remaining youth camp is July 22-25; cost is $150. Prospect camps, for grades 9-12, will be held from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on July 20 and Sept. 1; cost is $150. Contact Zach Murray at [email protected] or (706) 401-3372.
• TRIBE 9-UNDER BASEBALL TRYOUTS for the 2020 season will be held July 13 at 10 a.m. at the Dobyns-Bennett softball field. Any child born between May 1, 2010, and April 30, 2011, is eligible. Contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 or [email protected], Kelly Morton at (423) 306-9665 or [email protected], or Lucas Henderson at (423) 963-0828.
• TUSCULUM BASKETBALL SHOOTING CAMP will be held July 10-12. Fee is $75 per camper. To learn more, contact Pioneers assistant coach Darren Higgins at (423) 676-8778 or [email protected]
• GEORGE PITTS BASKETBALL position camp for boys ages 7-17 is July 15-18 at King. Visit tornadobasketballcamps.com, email [email protected] or call (423) 652-4781.
• VIRGINIA-WISE MEN’S BASKETBALL Elite Camp is scheduled for Aug. 3-4. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com for more information.
• ETSU WOMEN’S COACH BRITTNEY EZELL will conduct the Buccaneer Experience Camp on Aug. 3-4 (Saturday for juniors and seniors, Sunday for freshmen and sophomores); cost is $60. Go online at brittneyezellbasketball.com for more information and to register.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email [email protected]
• LMU ATHLETICS GOLF OUTING, postponed earlier because of inclement weather, has bee rescheduled for Friday, Aug. 2 at Wasiota Winds Golf Course in Pineville, Ky. The event held in honor of legendary Railsplitters coach Dean Bailey and former LMU President Dr. Jerry Bishop will begin with a 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Registration is $400 per foursome or $100 per individual. Business or individual hole sponsorships are available for $100. For more information, contact Brooke White at [email protected] or (423) 869.6285.
• THIRD DOBYNS-BENNETT BASEBALL Golf Challenge, sponsored by the Plastic Surgery Center of East Tennessee, will be held Saturday, Aug. 10 at Crockett Ridge Golf Course in Kingsport. The four-man, select-shot tournament will begin with a 9 a.m. shotgun start; cost is $300 per team or $75 per player. Lunch will be provided by Texas Roadhouse. Entries will be accepted from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, at the D-B Activities Office. For more information or to register, contact Jennifer McDavid at (423) 956-0445 or [email protected] or coach Ryan Wagner at (423) 384-0985 or [email protected]
• KING UNIVERSITY SOFTBALL golf tournament will be held Saturday, Aug. 24 at Bays Mountain Golf Club in Church Hill. The 18-hole scramble will include two groups: one teeing off at 8 a.m. and the other teeing off at 2 p.m. Cost is $120 per two-person team, and includes a meal. Hole sponsorships also available. Contact head coach Jake Cockerham ([email protected]) or Katie McCann ([email protected]) to register or sponsor a hole.
• NIGHT HIKE TO SINKING WATERS starts at 9 p.m. on Tuesday, July 9 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Bring a dim flashlight and drive to the camp store to carpool out to the trail.
• HIKE THE “DARWIN’S REVENGE” TRAIL beginning at 9 a.m. on Thursday, July 11 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Wear good walking shoes and comfortable clothes, and bring some drinking water. Drive to the camp store to carpool.
• FALL CREEK LOOP TRAIL hike starts at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, July 12 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. Drive to the camp store to carpool to the start of a two-hour hike.
• WOLF RUN, a 7-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Tuesday, July 16, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The race is a Fun Fest event as well as a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at [email protected] for more information.
• 36th APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K, 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk and 3-Mile Power Walk will be held Saturday, Aug. 3, starting and ending at the Appalachia Firehall. The 5K will begin at 8 a.m., the 1-Mile Fun Run Walk at 8:15 a.m. and the 3-Mile Power Walk at 8:20 a.m. Fees for pre-registration (which ends July 29) are $14 for the 5K and $10 for the Fun Run/Walk and Power Walk; regular registration fees are $15 and $11. For more information, go online at runtricities.org or contact race director Randy Blair at (276) 393-9577, Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821 or Kimberly Teglas at (276) 393-6163.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at [email protected] for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at [email protected] for more information.
• MILLIGAN MEN’S SOCCER Summer Day Camp, for boys and girls ages 6-14, will be held July 8-11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on the Milligan campus. Fee is $165 per week. Registration forms are available online at milliganbuffs.com, and checks can be made payable to Milligan Soccer, P.O. Box 500, Milligan College, TN 37682. For more information, call the men’s soccer office at (423) 461-8469 or email coach Kyle Findlay at [email protected]
• STAN ANDERSON’S CAMP SHUTOUT Tennessee Road Show, hosted in conjunction with Tri-Cities United, will be held July 13-14 at Eastman Park at Horse Creek in Kingsport. The camp is for goalkeepers ages 12-19 who are looking for a next-level training environment designed to take their self-confidence in the position to new heights. Go online at campshutout.com.
• TUSCULUM WOMEN’S COACH MIKE JOY Team Camp is set for July 14-18. Contact Joy at (423) 636-7321 or [email protected]
• ETSU BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY Elite Residential Camp is July 17-20 (ages 12-up; cost: $375 for commuters and $475 for residential) at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex. Go online at bucssocceracademy.com or contact Josh Scott at [email protected] or call (423) 439-8437.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email [email protected]
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association has several ways to get involved in tennis this spring and summer. Among the META offerings: Tennis on Tap at Borden Park in Kingsport, July 3-25, 7-8:30 p.m., and at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m.; Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon; and META Social Tennis in July and August. For more information about META, email [email protected]
• FUN FEST FAST4 TOURNAMENT, a Mountain Empire Tennis Association event, will be held July 19 at Borden Park in Kingsport. For more information, email [email protected]
• FIRST RIDGEVIEW OPEN TENNIS Tournament is set for July 24-28 on the Ridgeview High School. Multiple divisions in singles and doubles are offered. The entry fee is $10 per person per event and all proceeds benefit the Ridgeview girls tennis team. Contact Adam Smith, tournament director, at (276) 207-8758.
• 46th VIRGINIA-WISE TENNIS TOURNAMENT, sponsored by Impressions Inc. and the Coalfield Progress, will be held Friday-Sunday, July 26-28 at the Jim and Betty Humphreys Tennis Complex. Singles and doubles events for both junior and adult players are offered. Entry fee is $12 per person/per event; deadline to register is Wednesday, July 24 at 5 p.m. Events are limited to two per person. For more information, go online at uvawisecavs.com or contact tournament director Danny Rowland at (276) 328-1100 (office) or (276) 870-8744 (cell) or via email at [email protected]
• ETSU VOLLEYBALL CAMPS, conducted by coach Benavia Jenkins, will be held this spring and summer. The camps are open to male and female players with the exception of the College Prep camp. The camps are: College Prep (July 13-15, girls ages 14-18, $330 for residential camp, $300 for commuters); All-Skills Day Camp (July 29-30, ages 12-18, $150); and Youth Day Camp (9 a.m.-noon, July 29-30, ages 6-12, $125). For more information, go online at BenaviaVolleyballCamps.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE VOLLEYBALL has set its summer camps at the Prior Convocation Center on the college’s campus. The first Skills Camp, for eighth-graders and above, is July 15-17, from 9 a.m.-noon. The second Skills Camp, for seventh-graders and below, will be held July 15-17, from 1-4 p.m. The registration fee for both is $75. The Elite Camp, for high school players in grades 9-12 who plan to compete at the collegiate level, is July 19, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The registration fee is $50. Go online at uvawisecavs.com and click the Camps tab for more information or to register. Contact Kristen Salyer at [email protected] or (276) 376-3423.
• JOHNSON CITY PARKS & REC ADULT volleyball league — for ages 18 and older and 16-17 with parent or guardian consent — will hold registration from July 1-Aug. 30. Matches in the 10-game season for men’s and coed teams will take place at the Carver Recreation Center. The season begins Sept. 16 and games will be played from 6:30-10 p.m. Register at the Winged Deer Park Athletic Office, 4137 Bristol Highway. A roster must include a minimum of 12 players and a copy of each player’s driver’s license is required at the time of registration. Call (423) 283-5825 for more information.