• RBI TRI-CITIES WINTER HITTING CAMP, for ages 8-14, will be held Feb. 2, 2019, from 9 a.m.-noon, at RBI Tri-Cities, 604 Rolling Hills Dr., Johnson City. Registration is $60 or $50 for RBI members. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more or to register.
• 37th BOWL FOR KIDS’ SAKE, a fundraising event for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, is coming up in the spring at bowling lanes in our region. Participants form teams and raise money through a fundraising page at BowlForKidsToday.org. Events in our area will be held Friday, April 12 at the Bass Pro Shop in Bristol and Saturday, April 13 at Warpath Lanes in Kingsport. Company or civic organization sponsorships are available. To learn more, go online at BowlforKidsToday.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHAMPIONSHIP Coaching Clinic, with former Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer as the headline speaker, will be held March 1-3 at at the Music Road Resort in Pigeon Forge. The cost to attend is $60 for coaches and wives. East Tennessee State defensive coordinator Billy Taylor also will be among the speakers. Call (865) 471-3466 for more information. Registration fees can be mailed to Carson-Newman Football Coaching Clinic, Ken Sparks Athletic Complex, 904 E. Mountcastle St., Jefferson City, TN 37760.
• LONESOME PINE COUNTRY CLUB is offering golf lessons for children ages 8-12. Chris Stacy and David Harvey will hold a five-series get-golf-ready lesson package for $75. The package is available to young golfers of all abilities but focused toward novice and beginning juniors. Call (276) 523-0739 for more information.
• LADY BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID Camp, for girls ages 14-18, will be held Sunday, March 17, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at East Tennessee State’s Summers-Taylor Stadium in Johnson City. Registration is $75 per player. Go online at ladybucsocceracademy.com to learn more or to register.
• RBI TRI-CITIES WINTER SOFTBALL Hitting and Pitching Camp, for ages 8-15, will be held Jan. 26, 2019, from 9 a.m.-noon, at RBI Tri-Cities, 604 Rolling Hills Dr., Johnson City. Registration is $60 or $50 for RBI members. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more or to register.
• EASTMAN OPEN VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT will be held Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, and Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, at Kingsport-area middle and high school gyms. Preregistration is required; cost is $10 per player. Deadline to enter is Monday, Jan. 21. Women’s divisions will play Saturday and coed divisions will play Sunday; divisions require six-person teams with coed three men and three women. Contact Joe Douthat at (423) 224-7544 or Jack Henry at (423) 384-1765 or [email protected]