At 10:48 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a dryer fire call at Dobyns-Bennett in the Career Technical Education building. The fire was contained to the dryer and extinguished by a school staff member.
Students were moved to another area during the alarm, and there were no injuries. Firefighters used positive pressure fans to remove the remaining smoke from the building.
Barry Brickey, public education and information officer for the Kingsport Fire Department, said the school day resumed after quick work from the firefighters and school staff.