logo


no avatar

Kingsport Fire Department responds to dryer fire at Dobyns-Bennett

Staff Report • Nov 20, 2019 at 12:32 PM

KINGSPORT – The Kingsport Fire Department was on the scene of a dryer fire this morning at Dobyns-Bennett High School.

At 10:48 a.m., firefighters were dispatched to a dryer fire call at Dobyns-Bennett in the Career Technical Education building. The fire was contained to the dryer and extinguished by a school staff member.

Students were moved to another area during the alarm, and there were no injuries. Firefighters used positive pressure fans to remove the remaining smoke from the building.

Barry Brickey, public education and information officer for the Kingsport Fire Department, said the school day resumed after quick work from the firefighters and school staff.

Kingsport Times News Videos