Fall is a great time to get into the pools at the Kingsport Aquatic Center and learn how to swim. The classes are smaller, which means more one-on-one time for you or your child with the swim instructors.
Registration is now open for fall swim lessons at the KAC. Lessons begin on Sept. 9.
ABOUT THE LESSONS
All swim lessons at the KAC are American Red Cross courses. The facility offers group, private, semi-private and adaptive classes to suit you or your child’s unique needs. Weekday classes include eight sessions, either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday, and Saturday classes are four sessions long.
If you’re a KAC or YMCA member, weekday lessons are $50 for the first child and $45 per additional child. Saturdays are $25 per child and $22.50 per additional child. For non-members, weekday lessons are $60 for the first child and $55 per additional child, while Saturdays are $30 per child and $27.50 per additional child.
FALL SCHEDULE CLASSES
- September -
- Registration: Aug. 24 through Sept. 6.
- Monday/Wednesday Classes: Sept. 9 through Oct. 2.
- Tuesday/Thursday Classes: Sept. 10 through Oct. 3.
- Saturday Classes: Sept. 7 through Sept. 28.
- October -
- Registration: Oct. 5 and 6
- Monday/Wednesday Classes: Oct. 7 through Nov. 6.
- Tuesday/Thursday Classes: Oct. 8 through Nov. 7.
- Saturday Classes: Oct. 12 through Nov. 9.
- No classes Oct. 14 through Oct. 19 (Fall Break).
- November -
- Registration: Nov. 9 and 10.
- Monday/Wednesday Classes: Nov. 11 through Dec. 9.
- Tuesday/Thursday Classes: Nov. 12 through Dec. 10.
- Saturday Classes: Nov. 12 through Dec. 10.
- No classes Oct. 27 through Oct. 29 (Halloween)
For a detailed description of classes, to set up an account or register, visit www.swimkingsport.com or call the Kingsport Aquatic Center at (423)-343-9758.