Jason Cheyenne Collins, 35, 228 Clover Circle, Mooresburg, is scheduled for arraignment in Hawkins County Criminal Court on Dec. 13.
He was indicted Monday on two counts of attempted second-degree murder, possession of a handgun by a felon, possession of a firearm during commission of a dangerous felony, felony reckless endangerment, failure to give immediate notice of an accident, and failure to render aid.
The charges stem from an incident that occurred on the evening of July 2 when Hawkins County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to a report of a possible car crash and shots fired on Short Road in the Mooresburg community.
HCSO Cpl. Stacy Vaughan reportedly observed a green Honda behind a house at the dead end of the street where the complaint originated.
When Vaughn approached the Honda, the driver, Collins, allegedly accelerated in his direction.
Vaughan reportedly drew his gun and fired two shots in the direction of the oncoming vehicle as he was retreating.
According to HCSO reports, the Honda missed Vaughan and continued west on Short Road, where it struck a parked patrol car occupied by Deputies Daniel DesOrmeaux and Jesse Harrell, and almost struck Deputy Raymond Owens, who was on foot.
While retreating from the path of the vehicle, Owens reportedly fired one round from a 12-gauge shotgun, with the round striking the Honda.
The vehicle then crashed at the intersection of Short Road and Slate Hill Road, and Collins fled on foot. He was later apprehended by the HCSO.
A search of Collins’ vehicle allegedly revealed him to be in possession of a loaded .380-caliber handgun.
Other grand jury indictments handed down Monday
* Jason Lee Marshall, 33, Morristown: aggravated robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a dangerous felony,
Marshall is accused of robbing former Hawkins County Mayor and Attorney General Heiskell Winstead and his wife, Barbara, in their home at gunpoint on Aug. 20, 2017.
* Brandon Levi McGee, 25, 705 W. Broadway St., Rogersville: two counts of reckless aggravated assault, DUI, failure to yield, failure to maintain due care, seatbelt violation, and driving on a suspended license.
McGee is accused of injuring three underage teenagers as a result of a crash that occurred while he was allegedly driving under the influence on July 30.
* Robert Eric Stine, 43, 119 Chestnut St., Lot 6, Church Hill: aggravated burglary, theft over $2,500, and failure to report the discovery of a body.
Stine is accused of burgling the home of a man who had passed away, discovering the body during theincident on July 19, and returning to the home to steal again on three subsequent occasions.
* Daniel Ray Coffey, 30, 243 Clemon Road, Whitesburg: aggravated statutory rape and solicitation of a minor.
Coffey was arrested in September, accused of luring a 13-year-old girl to his home for sex through messages on Facebook.
* Whitney Sierra Greene, 22, 1780 Broadway Drive, Bean Station: aggravated robbery and theft under 1,000.
Greene was arrested with a male accomplice on Feb. 28, accused of attempting to rob a disabled man at gunpoint in a Surgoinsville car wash parking lot.
* John Vance Bowers, 43, 1741 Goshen Valley Road, Church Hill: delivery of Schedule II narcotics (meth).
The alleged meth transaction is alleged to have occurred on Oct. 11, 2018.