Deonte Tysheme Bristol, 19, 1334 E. Center Street, Kingsport; and Caitlin Eve Pitts, 23, 508 Clinchfield Street, Kingsport, were both indicted Oct. 1 on charges stemming from their arrest on Dec. 4, 2014.
Those charges include possession of a firearm during commission of a dangerous felony, unlawful possession of a firearm, two counts of possession of Schedule II narcotics with intent to deliver, theft under $500 and possession of drug paraphernalia.
In the early morning hours of Dec. 4, 2014 HCSO Sgt. Nathan Simpson and Deputy Jeremy Nash reportedly received a tip that drug activity was going to take place within the Hawkins County section of Kingsport.
The deputies also received a description of a vehicle and the alleged perpetrators.
With the help of Kingsport police, Simpson and Nash set up surveillance on the area.
The described vehicle arrived at the Taco Bell restaurant on Stone Drive, and officers approached the vehicle and detained both occupants.
The driver was identified as Pitts, and the lone passenger was Bristol.
During a search of the vehicle, officers allegedly located a cellophane wrapper containing 40 yellow pills believed to be hydrocodone, about a quarter gram of cocaine, a Smith & Wesson .38 caliber handgun, and digital scales.
A check through NCIC revealed that the handgun had previously been reported stolen in Kingsport.
Bristol and Pitt are both scheduled for arraignment Friday in Hawkins County Criminal Court.
Other indictments handed down Oct. 1 by the Hawkins County Grand Jury include:
• Eric William Einwechter, 60, 232 Hillcrest Street, Rogersville, who was arrested Oct. 2 on a sealed indictment handed down Oct. 1 on charges including aggravated statutory rape; nine counts of sexual battery (eight counts against one 14-year-old victim and one count against a 13-year-old victims; and seven counts of another felony sex charge against the 14-year-old victim.
Aggravated statutory rape is a Class D felony punishable by 2-4 years, and the other 17 charges are a Class C felony punishable by 3-6 years.
• Jennifer Kay Lawson, 36, 412 Church Street, Rogersville, for delivery of Sxchedule II narcotics (oxycodone), delivery of Schedule IV narcotics (alprazolam), possession of Schedule II (oxycodone) with intent to deliver, possession of Schedule IV (alprazolam) with intent to deliver, simple possession of Schedule III narcotics (buprenorphine), and possession of a legend drug (gabapentin).
• Danny Ray Bledsoe, 31, 154 Cedar Hills Road, Rogersville, for felony reckless endangerment.
• Whitney Dawn Carpenter, 20, 697 Lee Valley Road, Whitesburg, for felony reckless endangerment.
• Lloyd Franklin Denim, 46, 998 Big Hill Road, Mooresburg, for possession of Schedule II narcotics (meth) with intent to deliver, possession of Schedule II narcotics (oxycodone) with intent to deliver, two counts of simple possession of Schedule IV narcotics (alprazolam and clonazepam), and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• E. J. Walters, 68, 3906 Stanley Valley Road, Surgoinsville, for aggravated assault, possession of a firearm by an intoxicated person, DUI, violation of the implied consent law, driving left of center, and no seatbelt.