Kingsport Times News Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - So, How Does That Make You Feel?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - So, How Does That Make You Feel?

August 12th, 2013 11:10 am by Eric Myers

Last week in my segment entitled, Love Just May Be The Key, I wrote about an idea of relationships whereby the main thing desired by men from women is respect and the main thing desired by women from men is love.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Men, Love Just May Be The Key

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Men, Love Just May Be The Key

August 5th, 2013 10:36 am by Eric Myers

There is a book called, Love and Respect, by author Emerson Eggerichs, PhD., in which he details with research that a woman has one overarching driving need—to feel loved, and when that need is met, she tends to be happy.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House

Eric Myers' Man of the House - God Love'Em

July 29th, 2013 8:54 am by Eric Myers

As adults we have a better grasp of options than kids do and we are more cynical toward living life than kids, so this observation leaves me feeling a profound sense of wonder - the wonder of childlike innocence. What am I talking about?

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - A Daily Opportunity

Eric Myers' Man of the House - A Daily Opportunity

July 15th, 2013 9:21 am by Eric Myers

Can you imagine a world where everyone was more other-centered? Being an at-home parent allows you to practice that skill every day. It is your greatest daily opportunity.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Want You To Want To Help!

Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Want You To Want To Help!

June 24th, 2013 10:53 am by Eric Myers

What your wife wants more than anything is for you to want to be with her. She wants you to choose her…first and operate with her in mind. If she is behind your job or your hobbies or your friends, you are damaging your relationship.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Oh....It's Dad

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Oh....It's Dad

June 17th, 2013 11:35 am by Eric Myers

With Father's Day just past and, for one day, all of our family attention on that person in the house who contributed to there being a family in the first place, it reminds me of a time when I didn't want my dad.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - You're The Parent, Be The Parent

Eric Myers' Man of the House - You're The Parent, Be The Parent

June 11th, 2013 11:16 am by Eric Myers

In my article last week I talked about the different things that began to change for me as my attitudes and actions developed more of a sense of awareness and tolerance. The first thing I said was, "I felt a difference in my ability to tolerate childlike

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beginning To See Life Anew

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beginning To See Life Anew

June 4th, 2013 11:43 am by Eric Myers

The events I have been writing about over the last few weeks allowed me to begin to see life differently with my daughter, Caroline. But, what did that actually mean? How was this new perspective going to manifest itself in my daily attitude and activit

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Bunnies and Butterflies

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Bunnies and Butterflies

May 27th, 2013 1:31 pm by Eric Myers

The final piece to fall into place for me came in a most unexpected way. For parents, it came in the most dreaded way. It came in the form of a little girl named Delaney Woodard. I never met Delaney or her parents.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - They Grew Up Too Fast

Eric Myers' Man of the House - They Grew Up Too Fast

May 20th, 2013 12:47 pm by Eric Myers

I was still processing the lesson from the woman in the hallway when I took my kids to see my parents for a long weekend. Knowing we were in town, my sister, Julie, stopped by with her kids so the cousins could spend the day playing together. It was a b

Comments