Kingsport Times News Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - A Daily Opportunity

Eric Myers' Man of the House - A Daily Opportunity

July 15th, 2013 9:21 am by Eric Myers

Can you imagine a world where everyone was more other-centered? Being an at-home parent allows you to practice that skill every day. It is your greatest daily opportunity.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Want You To Want To Help!

Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Want You To Want To Help!

June 24th, 2013 10:53 am by Eric Myers

What your wife wants more than anything is for you to want to be with her. She wants you to choose her…first and operate with her in mind. If she is behind your job or your hobbies or your friends, you are damaging your relationship.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Oh....It's Dad

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Oh....It's Dad

June 17th, 2013 11:35 am by Eric Myers

With Father's Day just past and, for one day, all of our family attention on that person in the house who contributed to there being a family in the first place, it reminds me of a time when I didn't want my dad.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - You're The Parent, Be The Parent

Eric Myers' Man of the House - You're The Parent, Be The Parent

June 11th, 2013 11:16 am by Eric Myers

In my article last week I talked about the different things that began to change for me as my attitudes and actions developed more of a sense of awareness and tolerance. The first thing I said was, "I felt a difference in my ability to tolerate childlike

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beginning To See Life Anew

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beginning To See Life Anew

June 4th, 2013 11:43 am by Eric Myers

The events I have been writing about over the last few weeks allowed me to begin to see life differently with my daughter, Caroline. But, what did that actually mean? How was this new perspective going to manifest itself in my daily attitude and activit

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Bunnies and Butterflies

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Bunnies and Butterflies

May 27th, 2013 1:31 pm by Eric Myers

The final piece to fall into place for me came in a most unexpected way. For parents, it came in the most dreaded way. It came in the form of a little girl named Delaney Woodard. I never met Delaney or her parents.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - They Grew Up Too Fast

Eric Myers' Man of the House - They Grew Up Too Fast

May 20th, 2013 12:47 pm by Eric Myers

I was still processing the lesson from the woman in the hallway when I took my kids to see my parents for a long weekend. Knowing we were in town, my sister, Julie, stopped by with her kids so the cousins could spend the day playing together. It was a b

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Each Stage Is Special

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Each Stage Is Special

May 13th, 2013 11:05 am by Eric Myers

Each Stage Is Special After I prayed that prayer asking for God to change my heart I didn't know what was going to happen. As pastor and author Mark Batterson has noted, once you pray and involved God in your situation the fun begins because you nev

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House

Eric Myers' Man of the House - A Chair and A Prayer

May 6th, 2013 4:45 pm by Eric Myers

A Chair And A Prayer By Eric Myers So how do you change yourself? That is a good question. That was also the question I was asking as I stared back at myself from my own reflection in the mirror. I knew I wanted and desperately needed to change

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Finding My Way Back, The Beginning

May 4th, 2013 8:56 pm by Eric Myers

Finding My Way Back - The Beginning By Eric Myers Read any self help book or listen to any motivational speaker and you will hear the same advice: problem solving begins with problem identification. It's a simple and straightforward idea really, yo

Comments