Kingsport Times News Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thank you Mr. Carson

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thank you Mr. Carson

February 6th, 2014 12:54 pm by Eric Myers

Downton Abbey is an interesting show. It's good. And, if you're an at-home parent, it's the storyline of your life. Mr. Carson calls it "the life of service".

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beware The Swivelhead

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beware The Swivelhead

January 20th, 2014 9:13 am by Eric Myers

I witnessed something the other day that caught my attention and amazed me yet again at how different we men, in the parenting role, sometimes look to the rest of the world. A Swivelhead……..

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Marking Our Territory

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Marking Our Territory

November 12th, 2013 9:43 am by Eric Myers

When little boys and little girls first learn to use the bathroom little girls are taught to sit down while little boys are taught to stand up and aim into the bowl. Well, unfortunately, from that time on it's now a situation involving constant clean-up.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - The Beauty Of Little Arms

Eric Myers' Man of the House - The Beauty Of Little Arms

November 4th, 2013 11:03 am by Eric Myers

I am reminded of just how precious parenting young kids can be. The simple act of throwing your arms around someone so small, the kind where you can get your whole arm around them, and hugging them while they melt into you and do the same is a gift.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Wait!  Did You Smell Those Socks?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Wait! Did You Smell Those Socks?

October 28th, 2013 3:56 pm by Eric Myers

My thought process is this: I'm taking my time and effort to sort and fold everyone's clothes and I'm happy to do it with those clothes that are dirty…but I'm not going to create additional work for myself.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Redefining "Productive"

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Redefining "Productive"

October 22nd, 2013 11:34 am by Eric Myers

I spent many days, and I mean m-a-n-y days, not only physically exhausted but emotionally frustrated and how little I was able to get done. What makes this such an animal is that the things needing accomplished do not go away.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - You Feel Me?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - You Feel Me?

October 14th, 2013 8:20 am by Eric Myers

I have become more aware over these years of how much our everyday speech includes figures of speech. Call them what you want - euphemisms, colloquialisms, or slang but regardless of the title, we say them…a lot of them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - What's In A Toilet?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - What's In A Toilet?

October 8th, 2013 9:28 am by Eric Myers

As I reflect over the years that I've operated as the at-home caregiver for our family, I have to admit that there are a lot of things I have learned or grown in my respect for. I thought it might be fun to take a few weeks to list some of them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Don't Need My Wife

Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Don't Need My Wife

September 30th, 2013 11:37 am by Eric Myers

It's a sad man who cannot see the obvious and appreciate the many beauties women bring to the world. Yes, we really do need women and thank God for them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - No Replacing Mom

Eric Myers' Man of the House - No Replacing Mom

September 18th, 2013 10:01 am by Eric Myers

One of the things I hear from time to time when I talk with someone about the fact that I am the at-home parent is, "Well, you're just as good as your wife, right?" I have to say…..I disagree.

Comments