Kingsport Times News Thursday, July 31, 2014
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - You Feel Me?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - You Feel Me?

October 14th, 2013 8:20 am by Eric Myers

I have become more aware over these years of how much our everyday speech includes figures of speech. Call them what you want - euphemisms, colloquialisms, or slang but regardless of the title, we say them…a lot of them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - What's In A Toilet?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - What's In A Toilet?

October 8th, 2013 9:28 am by Eric Myers

As I reflect over the years that I've operated as the at-home caregiver for our family, I have to admit that there are a lot of things I have learned or grown in my respect for. I thought it might be fun to take a few weeks to list some of them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Don't Need My Wife

Eric Myers' Man of the House - I Don't Need My Wife

September 30th, 2013 11:37 am by Eric Myers

It's a sad man who cannot see the obvious and appreciate the many beauties women bring to the world. Yes, we really do need women and thank God for them.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - No Replacing Mom

Eric Myers' Man of the House - No Replacing Mom

September 18th, 2013 10:01 am by Eric Myers

One of the things I hear from time to time when I talk with someone about the fact that I am the at-home parent is, "Well, you're just as good as your wife, right?" I have to say…..I disagree.

Comments
TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thanks Baby Alive

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thanks Baby Alive

September 10th, 2013 12:28 pm by Eric Myers

"Good thing we grow up," she said. Good thing indeed. Sometimes a child's toy can do more teaching than we could imagine. Thanks Baby Alive.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - King Me

Eric Myers' Man of the House - King Me

September 3rd, 2013 11:57 am by Eric Myers

You may get through all of what you planned, but maybe not, and that's okay. It's quality time together. It's learning a new life skill. It's building their self esteem.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Grocery Store Meltdown Avoidance Strategies

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Grocery Store Meltdown Avoidance Strategies

August 19th, 2013 10:06 am by Eric Myers

And then, ripping through the store, easily drowning out the sounds of anything else was the screams of what sounded like a 2-year old.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - So, How Does That Make You Feel?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - So, How Does That Make You Feel?

August 12th, 2013 11:10 am by Eric Myers

Last week in my segment entitled, Love Just May Be The Key, I wrote about an idea of relationships whereby the main thing desired by men from women is respect and the main thing desired by women from men is love.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Men, Love Just May Be The Key

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Men, Love Just May Be The Key

August 5th, 2013 10:36 am by Eric Myers

There is a book called, Love and Respect, by author Emerson Eggerichs, PhD., in which he details with research that a woman has one overarching driving need—to feel loved, and when that need is met, she tends to be happy.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House

Eric Myers' Man of the House - God Love'Em

July 29th, 2013 8:54 am by Eric Myers

As adults we have a better grasp of options than kids do and we are more cynical toward living life than kids, so this observation leaves me feeling a profound sense of wonder - the wonder of childlike innocence. What am I talking about?

Comments