Kingsport Times News Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Kids Hold A Key

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Kids Hold A Key

March 17th, 2014 10:47 am by Eric Myers

I learned a very valuable lesson one day and quite by accident. The lesson was simple and yet profound - and it is something that every father, especially fathers with young kids, can benefit from.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Mind Your Mouth, Dads

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Mind Your Mouth, Dads

March 7th, 2014 2:10 pm by Eric Myers

The more I corrected and tried to help the worse the situation was getting. Then I was reminded of Colossians 3:21 which reads "Fathers do not embitter your children or they will become discouraged."

Comments
Sports Sports Live Photos Man of the House

PHOTO GALLERY: Dobyns-Bennett vs. Oak Ridge sectional

March 4th, 2014 9:45 pm by Ned Jilton

Pictures from Tuesday night's TSSAA Class AAA sectional basketball game between Oak Ridge and Dobyns-Bennett at the Buck Van Huss dome in Kingsport.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Stress? What Stress?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Stress? What Stress?

February 26th, 2014 10:54 am by Eric Myers

When I left my corporate job for this role of being an at-home parent, I remember anticipating that my stress level would go down. After all, I figured, "What stress can there be in caring for a 1-year-old?"

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thank you Mr. Carson

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Thank you Mr. Carson

February 6th, 2014 12:54 pm by Eric Myers

Downton Abbey is an interesting show. It's good. And, if you're an at-home parent, it's the storyline of your life. Mr. Carson calls it "the life of service".

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beware The Swivelhead

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Beware The Swivelhead

January 20th, 2014 9:13 am by Eric Myers

I witnessed something the other day that caught my attention and amazed me yet again at how different we men, in the parenting role, sometimes look to the rest of the world. A Swivelhead……..

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Marking Our Territory

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Marking Our Territory

November 12th, 2013 9:43 am by Eric Myers

When little boys and little girls first learn to use the bathroom little girls are taught to sit down while little boys are taught to stand up and aim into the bowl. Well, unfortunately, from that time on it's now a situation involving constant clean-up.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - The Beauty Of Little Arms

Eric Myers' Man of the House - The Beauty Of Little Arms

November 4th, 2013 11:03 am by Eric Myers

I am reminded of just how precious parenting young kids can be. The simple act of throwing your arms around someone so small, the kind where you can get your whole arm around them, and hugging them while they melt into you and do the same is a gift.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Wait!  Did You Smell Those Socks?

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Wait! Did You Smell Those Socks?

October 28th, 2013 3:56 pm by Eric Myers

My thought process is this: I'm taking my time and effort to sort and fold everyone's clothes and I'm happy to do it with those clothes that are dirty…but I'm not going to create additional work for myself.

Comments
Blogs TriCityMom Man of the House
Eric Myers' Man of the House - Redefining "Productive"

Eric Myers' Man of the House - Redefining "Productive"

October 22nd, 2013 11:34 am by Eric Myers

I spent many days, and I mean m-a-n-y days, not only physically exhausted but emotionally frustrated and how little I was able to get done. What makes this such an animal is that the things needing accomplished do not go away.

Comments