Camp Morton was a prisoner of war camp in Indianapolis, Indiana, where some of the 26th Tennessee were sent. Camp Morton was initially used as a military training ground. The first Union troops arrived at the camp in April 1861. After the fall of Fort Donelson and the Battle of Shiloh, the site was converted into a POW camp. The first Confederate prisoners arrived on Feb. 22, 1862; its last prisoners were paroled on June 12, 1865.