That’s the church behind Food City in Church Hill.
The judges will include: the Manager and Chef at the Hales Spring Inn; Shona House from Faith Based Cakes and the Food Network; and Dr. David Schilling from the Church Hill Medical Mission and the Holston Medical Group.
they are accepting application from competitors until Sept. 22. There is a copy of the application in the photo scroll of this article.
Applications can also be acquired from the clinic which is located at the Church Hill Shopping Center.
This will be the first Chili Cook-off for the Clinic, which is funded through contributions and fundraising events like this one.
Rules for Chili Cook-Off
1. Each applicant must fill out entry form in pen and answer every question.
2. Entry fee is $25.00 and must be submitted with entry form no later than Monday, September 22, 2017.
3. Each entry is allowed to have a maximum of 4 people per application.
4. Chili receipt must be original recipe of the applicant.
5. Chili recipes must be typed out on 8.5 x 11 paper in 12 font (Tahoma) and have 4 copies available for judges on the day of Cook Off.
6. Applicants must supply their own stove, hot plate, cooking pots, and all utensils needed to prepare chili.
7. All applicants are required to make one full pot (at least 4 quarts) of chili.
8. All applicants must supply their own ingredients and all ingredients must be visible to judges.
9. All applicants will be judged at 12:00 p.m. and awards will be presented at 3:00 p.m.
10. Awards will take place center stage. Each applicant must be present to accept awards.
11. All applicants are responsible for cleaning their area.
IF you have any question please call Church Hill Medical Mission at 423-256-2408.