GATE CITY — A Tennessee woman indicted for her alleged role in a 2010 killing was arraigned in Scott County court last week while her two co-defendants await extradition to Virginia.
Jennifer Crabtree "Storm" Purcell, of Gray, was arraigned during an appearance July 7 in Scott County Circuit Court on charges of first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, robbery, defiling a dead body and concealing a dead body.
A plea hearing for Purcell was set for Sept. 22, with a three-day jury trial scheduled to begin Nov. 17.
Her charges stem from the 2010 slaying of Natasha Gross Collins of Johnson City.
Two co-defendants in the case — John Person Purcell and Gary Gilbert, both of Gray — were also scheduled to appear in court July 7. Their hearings were continued due to both men awaiting extradition from Washington County, Tenn.
John Purcell and Gilbert were also indicted by a Scott County grand jury in June on 10 charges each, including first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit first-degree murder, robbery, defiling a dead body and concealing a dead body.
The Purcells and Gilbert were convicted of multiple felonies in June stemming from the May 2010 stabbing death of a New York man in Johnson City.
The three co-defendants were among 25 people indicted in Scott County June 23 on a total of 69 charges. Of those 25 individuals, 19 were arraigned July 7 in Scott County Circuit Court. They included:
- Frances E. Anglero-Bundick, no address given, six counts of public records forgery.
- Timothy Todd Bishiop, Duffield, two counts of grand larceny, selling stolen property.
- Shannon Mark Carter, Kingsport, not reporting accident with damage greater than $1,000.
- James Edward Scott, Gray, Tenn., possession of Schedule I or II drugs.
- Danny Ray Harvey, Gate City, habitual offender driving without a license: 2nd offense.
- Brandon Luke Herron, Gate City, two counts of possession of Schedule I or II drugs.
- Patricia L. Peters, Gate City, perjury: false welfare application, unauthorized use of welfare over $200.
- Brian J. Rector, Kingsport, DWI: 3rd offense.
- Patsy Carol Ryans, Gate City, false statements for medical assistance, obtain money by false pretenses.
- Joshua Lee Sexton, Gate City, two counts of possession of Schedule I or II drugs.
- Richard Keith Seymore, Fall Branch, Tenn., five counts of forgery of public records.
- Charlotte Lynn Shorter, Abingdon, two counts of distribution of Schedule I or II drugs.
- Bobby Joe Stacy, no address given, assault of a Virginia Department of Corrections officer.
- Michael Austin Taylor, Gate City, felony eluding police.
- Robert Vernon Thomas, Abingdon, possession of Schedule I or II drugs, two counts of distribution of Schedule I or II drugs.
- William Lee Ziehler, Gate City, breaking and entering, grand larceny.
- Austin Kellor Counts, Nickelsville, possession of Schedule I or II drugs.
The following individuals were granted continuances:
- Michelle Lynn Barker, Churchville, Tenn., give false statement on criminal consent.
- Curtis Duncan, Church Hill, Tenn., grand larceny.
- Bill Edgar Morrison, Fort Blackmore, distribution of Schedule III drugs.
- Eric Shane Johnson, Mount Carmel, grand larceny: auto theft, destruction of property with intent to cause over $1,000 in damage.comments powered by Disqus