The Upcoming Events list is a public service of the Times-News. To list an event, send an email to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328, ext. 323. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
* TONY SKOLE BUCCANEER CAMP, July 14-17. Camp run by ETSU baseball coach Tony Skole. For ages 5-13, cost is $150. For more information, call (423) 439-4496 or go to www.etsubucs.com.
* ETABL SPORTS "KING OF THE MOUNTAIN" 18-under baseball tournament, July 10-13, Volunteer High School field; $600 entry fee, four-game guarantee; two-game pool play into double elimination; $1,000 cash prize to first-place team. Contact Jim Hosmer at (423) 895-5748
* KING UNIVERSITY and basketball coach George Pitts will be host a Position Basketball Camp July 14-17 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp is open to boys ages 7-17, and the camp will focus on developing each player in the fundamentals of basketball and also at the position they want to improve at. To register or get more info on the camp please go to tornadobasketballcamps.com or contact associate head coach Nick Pasqua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 652-6031
* BUCCANEER EXPERIENCE CAMP, Aug. 2-3, designed for highly experienced players in grades 9-12. Campers will be able to spend a day in the life of an ETSU women's basketball student-athlete. Cost is $75 before Aug. 1, $100 at open registration. For more information, go to www.etsubucs.com or contact Nicci Kelly at (423) 439-5330 and Kellyad@goldmail.etsu.edu or Jurelle Nairn at (423) 439-5331 and Nairnj@goldmail.etsu.edu.
* DOBYNS-BENNETT CAMP 2, July 7-9 from 9 a.m. to Noon at the school. Camp will be run by Indians staff and players, including current and former NFL players. For grades 7-9, cost is $110. For more information, contact Coach Graham Clark at email@example.com or (423) 378-8518.
* LYNN VIEW PEE WEE FOOTBALL signups through July 14 at the Lynn View football field. Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-8 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For ages 6-11. For more information, contact Jerry Carpenter at (423) 247-6937 or 384-3038.
* BLOOMINGDALE RAIDER COUNTY FOOTBALL AND CHEERLEADING signups will be held each Saturday through Aug. 2 from 10 a.m.-noon at the main gate at the Sullivan North football field. This is for boys and girls ages 7-12. For more information call (423) 276-2504.
* UNICOI COUNTY YMCA Scholarship Tournament, Aug. 2 at Buffalo Valley Golf Course. Entry fee is $ 55 per player, $220 per team. For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CASA TOURNAMENT, Aug. 18 at Johnson City Country Club. Entry fee is $125 per player before July 18, $150 after. For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email email@example.com.
* CARL KNOX MEMORIAL GOLF CLASSIC, Sept. 27 at 8 a.m. at Baileyton Golf Course. Cost is $55 per player, 4-person select shot. Proceeds benefit Cedar View Christian School athletics. For more information, call Tim Strickland or Mark Ferguson at (423) 245-6341.
* SULLINS ACADEMY will be hosting two weeks of lacrosse camp for anyone who wants to try the sport. July 7-11 and 14-18 for ages 6-13. For more information, contact Donna Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.sullinsacademy.org.
* KINGSPORT PARKS AND REC SUMMER PROGRAM, through July 17. Open to ages 6-14, participants are split into three age groups, and activities include swim days, theme weeks, sport camps, art camps, educational clubs, special trips, and onsite activities and games. $35 for city residents, $55 for non-residents. Extended hours $75 ($95). For more information, call (423) 224-2489, 341-1608 or 343-9723.
* FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 5 at 7 a.m. ay Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
* WOLF RUN 7 MILE TRAIL RACE, July 15, at 6:30 p.m. at Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* PHIPPS BEND 5K, July 26 at 8 a.m. at Phipps Bend Industrial District, Surgoinsville. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
* RAILROAD DAYS 5K, Aug. 2 in Appalachia Virginia. The 31st annual running of this event will include a 1-mile Fun Walk and a 3.1 Power Walk. Entry fee for the 5K is $14 pre-registered, $15 race day; entry fee for either of the walks is $10 pre-registered, $11 on race day. Five entry fees will be refunded as door prizes. For more information or to register, call Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406.
* BAYS MOUNTAIN 15 MILE TRAIL RACE, Sept. 13 at 8 a.m. at Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* USSSA SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS: July 12 "Playing for Pride" at Metro & Carnegie Parks in Johnson City, Ages 8u-18u the entry fee is free. There is a $25 sanction fee which is refunded at next event; JULY 26 "Its All About The Game" at White Top in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u the entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u there is a sanction fee of $25, which is refunded at next event; Aug. 9, "Thunder Valley Bash" at White Top Park Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u there is a sanction fee of $25, refunded at next event; Aug. 23, "Hot Summer Nights" at White Top in Bristol, Tenn. ages 8u-18u the entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u; Sept. 13, "Diamond Divas Bash" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn.; ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u; Sept. 27, "Fall Ball in the Valley" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u the entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u; Oct. 11, "Swinging for the Fence" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u; Nov. 1, " For the Love of the Game" at White Top Park in Bristol, Tenn., ages 8u-18u entry fee is $125 for 10u-18u $50 for 8u. Contact Chad Alford (423) 833-4500 or email to email@example.com
* KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL SWIM SCHOOL, July 7-31 at Dobyns-Bennett. For ages 4 and over, cost is $100. For more information or to register, go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini at 967-4264 and swimKingsport@gmail.com.
* KINGSPORT PARKS & REC 12 & UNDER SUMMER TENNIS, July 7-Aug. 1 at V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex. Cost is $30. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RIDGEFIELDS CLUB JUNIOR TENNIS CLINICS, through July 24. Classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, match play on Wednesdays. Divisions: 4-6, 7-9 and 9-11, and tournament and high school (ages open). For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991.
* RIDGEFIELDS CLUB JUNIOR TENNIS CAMPS for beginners and intermediate players. Camp III, July 8-11; Top Tier Tennis Academy (tournament players), July 28-31. Sports Camp II, July 15-18. Cost for tennis camps is $95, sports camps are $195. For more information, contact Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991.
* EASTMAN OPEN DOUBLES TENNIS TOURNAMENT, July 17-20, Borden Park Courts, Kingsport, plus other area courts; entry fee $15 per player for one division, $20 per player for two; entries due by July 14; Eastman Recreation Tennis Club members receive $5 off total entry; [contact Michael A. Manis, Eastman recreation activities coordinator, at email@example.com or (423)229-4301, or Brandon Stevens, tournament director, at (256)565-2918.comments powered by Disqus