Take a look at some of the weekend entertainment options for around the region.
* The Swon Brothers, Colton and Zach, will perform a free concert at 7 p.m., Friday at Steele Creek State Park as part of the Pavilion by the Lake concert series. The brothers hit the national radar as finalists on Blake Shelton's team during Season 4 of NBC's "The Voice."
* Natural Tunnel State Park will host "Kids to Parks Day" from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday. This is a national event provided by National Park Trust. Visitors are invited to spend the day hiking, playing on the playground, learning a little history at the Anderson Blockhouse (from 2 to 4 p.m.) as a re-enactor from the Daniel Boone Wilderness Trail Association will be present, and riding the chair lift.
* Exchange Place Living History Farm will hold a Baa...rn Sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday at 4812 Orebank Road, Kingsport. The barn will be filled with books, garden items, furniture, linens, pottery and more. Proceeds will help feed the sheep and other animals on the 1850s farm. For more information, call 288-6071.
* The seventh annual Racks by the Tracks will take place from noon to 11 p.m., Saturday in downtown Kingsport. In addition to some great-tasting beer and ribs, festival attendees will be treated to a performance by Grammy Award winner Joe Diffie. Also performing will be Folk Soul Revival, Matt Stillwell, the Twang Bangers and the Catfish Frye Band. The beer tasting will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. Advance tickets are required for the beer tasting. The event will also include the SPF 5K Race/Walk & Kid's Mile Dash and a cornhole tournament. The festival grounds are free, and food can be purchased at menu prices. Concert tickets are $10 in advance; $15 the day of the festival; and children younger than 5 are admitted free. The craft beer tasting and concert ticket combo is $40. The High Gravity Beer Tasting ticket is $50 and provides access to the concert, craft beer tasting and the exclusive high gravity beer section. Tickets can be purchased at www.RacksByTheTracks.com or at any Food City store. For more information, visit www.RacksByTheTracks.com or call the event's organizers at 863-3998.
* The Motown Experience will be presented at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Greeneville. Tickets are $25 for orchestra and mezzanine level seating and $15 for balcony seats. Tickets may be purchased online at www.npacgreeneville.com, in person at the NPAC box office or by calling 638-1679.
* The 20th Annual Siege at Fort Watauga will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday and Sunday in Elizabethton. Colonial, native and British re-enactors will share their past through talks, mini-dramas and demonstrations of 18th-century life. There will be a battle re-enactment both days. For a detailed schedule, call 543-5808 or visit www.sycamoreshoalstn.org.comments powered by Disqus