The most viewed crime stories written by the Times-News staff, for the week of April 25 through May 2.
1) Hawkins men charged after altercation at funeral leads to shoot-out
Police believe that a verbal altercation that occurred at a funeral earlier this week escalated into an alleged exchange of gunfire late Monday night that landed two Hawkins County men in jail.
2) Man accused of improper touching of children
A Hawkins County man accused of improperly touching two girls ages 8 and 10 is facing child abuse charges, and the girls' mother is accused of failing to report the abuse.
3) Good Samaritan helps Rogersville police nab fleeing suspect and then disappears
A good Samaritan helped Rogersville police nab a fleeing public intoxication suspect Monday afternoon by making a perfect "open field tackle" in the lawn of a residence on Henard Street.
4) Two men facing conspiracy to commit murder, drug charges
Two men were arrested by Kingsport police on Monday for allegedly conspiring to kill another man and his family over a botched drug deal.
5) Kingsport man indicted on child porn charges
A Kingsport man has been arrested after a DVD he loaned to individuals was allegedly found to contain child porn, then abruptly handed over to police.
6) Kingsport police make meth arrests
Two Kingsport residents were arrested after police found a methamphetamine manufacturing operation located in the backseat of their vehicle, according to a press release.
7) Sullivan County woman pleads guilty to murdering neighbor
A woman who reportedly killed her elderly, disabled Bristol neighbor three years ago to steal his cash and credit card — leaving his body to be devoured by dogs within the home — has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder.
8) Man charged with DUI after allegedly hitting parked cruiser
A Hawkins County man is facing several charges including DUI after allegedly hitting a parked police cruiser at a Church Hill convenience store late Friday night.comments powered by Disqus