The most viewed crime stories written by the Times-News staff, for the week of April 18 through April 25.
1) KPD: Loaded, stolen gun found in woman's body
A woman arrested on driver's license offenses now faces felony charges, with Kingsport police saying she introduced into jail some atypical contraband: a stolen — and loaded — .22-caliber mini-revolver, via a body orifice.
2) Yuma couple facing meth, child neglect charges
A Southwest Virginia couple are facing felony drug and child neglect charges after Scott County authorities allegedly discovered a methamphetamine lab inside their home.
3) Duffield man faces 6 felonies for alleged sex with juvenile
A Southwest Virginia man indicted this month on statutory rape charges is awaiting extradition after being arrested recently in Mississippi.
4) Man parked on 11-W allegedly said he was waiting for his bath salts dealer
A Rogersville man who was found stopped in his vehicle on the side of Highway 11-W early Monday morning allegedly admitted he was waiting for his bath salts dealer to return with a gram.
5) Grandson, girlfriend charged with burglary, theft, forgery
A Hawkins County couple wanted for questioning in a burglary and theft from the man's grandfather last week was arrested Tuesday in a Rogersville parking lot allegedly in possession of drug paraphernalia and stolen property.
6) Bluff City bath salts suspect charged with child abuse
The alleged hysterics of a bath salts user during a Sullivan County fishing trip — including holding a juvenile in the woods for hours under the direction of "Jesus" and removing his own pants at a convenience store to stab non-existent mice and spiders — have prompted charges of child abuse and neglect.
7) Hawkins assault suspect allegedly attacks deputy after complaining cuffs too tight
A Hawkins County man who'd already been arrested for allegedly choking, kicking and punching a woman Sunday night was additionally charged with assault on an officer when he allegedly attacked a deputy.
8) Kingsport man pleads guilty to counterfeiting
A Kingsport man involved in a five-person counterfeiting scheme has agreed to plead guilty to the crime.
9) Blountville man gets 10 years on enticement charge
31-year-old Blountville man, who embarked on a four-month-long campaign to groom a 13-year-old boy to have sex with him, has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison.
10) Kingsport man charged with burglary, aggravated assault
An altercation involving several Kingsport neighbors prompted multiple charges after a man allegedly armed himself with a steak knife and threatened to kill a woman, then kicked in her apartment door when she retreated inside.