The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
* EASTMAN SUMMER YOUTH BASEBALL/SOFTBALL for boys and girls ages 5-17. Deadline to register is May 17. Registration forms can be picked up at Eastman Toy F Reid Employee Center or online at eastmanrecreationclub.com. For more information, call (423) 229-3771 or go to website.
* BPA DUGOUT CHALLENGE, April 25-27 for ages 7U-15U. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700, email@example.com or go to www.etnbpa.com.
* SHOOTING STARS SUMMER LEAGUE signups. Boys and girls divisions, grades 3-12. Games at Science Hill and Erwin YMCA; $250 entry fee. Deadline is June 24. For more information, contact (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SULLIVAN SOUTH BOYS & GIRLS basketball camps June 9-11, 9 a.m.-noon. Open to players ages 7-14. Registration fee is $40. Pre-register by mailing check, made out to Sullivan South, to Mark Pendleton, 1236 Moreland Dr., Kingsport, Tn. 37664. Open registration is Monday June 9 from 8-9 a.m. at South High School Form more info call (423) 354-1300.
* UNICOI COUNTY YMCA YOUTH INVITATIONAL, April 25-27. Boys and girls grades 3-12. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
* TRI-CITIES YOUTH SPRING CLASSIC, May 9-11 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, grades 3-12. Entry fee is $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* JUNIOR HILLTOPPER YOUTH INVITATIONAL, May 16-18 at Science Hill. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. Entry fee is $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email@example.com.
* UNICOI YMCA YOUTH CLASSIC, May 23-25 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, grades 3-12. Entry fee is $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SENSABAUGH CAMP CLASSIC, June 14 at Dobyns-Bennett High School's J. Fred Johnson Stadium. The free clinic is for boys and girls ages of 6-17. Participants will receive personal coaching from former Dobyns-Bennett and Tennessee Titans player Coty Sensabaugh as well as numerous other NFL players, college players, and trained coaches. For more information about registration or becoming a sponsor, go to www.SensabaughCampClassic.com.
* CARSON-NEWMAN OFFENSIVE LINE CAMP, June 8-11. Run by Eagles offensive coordinator Mike Turner, the camp will focus solely on the fundamentals of offensive line play with campers divided into age and size groups. Cost is $250 for overnight, $150 for day campers. For more information, go to www.cneagles.com or contact coach Turner at email@example.com or (865) 471-3364.
* CARSON-NEWMAN TECHNIQUE CAMP, July 12. Camp will be run by the Eagles' entire coaching staff and will help high school players improve throwing, blocking, tackling, catching, etc. The cost is $35. For more information, go to www.cneagles.com or contact Aaron Hutsell at (865) 471-4794 or Paula Yokley at (865) 471-3466.
* MARSH REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER SCHOLARSHIP TOURNAMENT, April 25 at Warriors Path with a 1 p.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $400 per team, $100 per player. Sponsorships are available. For more information, contact Ray Bell at (423) 408-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SULLIVAN SOUTH REBELS BAND TOURNAMENT, April 26 at The Crossings. Lunch 11:30 a.m./shotgun start 1 p.m. Entry fee $200 per team. Deadline to enter April 23. For more information or to register, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SECOND HARVEST GOLF CLASSIC, April 28 at the Blackthorn Club in Jonesborough. Proceeds go to help feed the hungry in Northeast Tennessee. Format is 4-person select shot with a 1 p.m. start. Entry fee is $600 per team or $150 for individuals. To register or for more information, contact the Food Bank at (423) 279-0430 or e-mail email@example.com or visit www.netfoodbank.org.
* SCOTT COUNTY PARK & GOLF SPRING SWING, May 3-4. Two-man team event, teams will be flighted after first round, scoring reset for the second day. First day, best ball, final round, select shot. Cost is $60 per player/$120 per team. For more information, call (276) 452-4168.
* KRESGE'S KREW CHARITY PRO-AM, May 10 at The Club at Ridgefields. 8:30 a.m. shotgun start, tickets are $1,000 per team or $2,000 with tour pro. Proceeds help the Kresge's Krew Foundation create awareness and fight autism. For more information, go to KresgesKrew.com.
* CARL KNOX MEMORIAL CLASSIC, May 17 at Baileyton Golf Course. 8 a.m. shotgun start, $55 per player. Proceeds benefit Cedar View Christian School athletics. For more information, call Tim Strickland or Mark Ferguson at (423) 245-6341.
* LAUGHLIN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL TENNESSEE SCHOLARSHIP PRO-AM and long drive shootout, June 5-6 at Graysburg Hills Golf Course. The pro-am entry fee is $800 per team or $200 per individual. For more information, call Laughlin Health Care Foundation at (423) 787.5117.
* KINGSPORT PARKS AND REC SUMMER PROGRAM, May 27-July 17. Open to ages 6-14, participants are split into three age groups, and activities include swim days, theme weeks, sport camps, art camps, educational clubs, special trips, and onsite activities and games. $35 for city residents, $55 for non-residents. Extended hours $75 ($95). For more information, call (423) 224-2489, 341-1608 or 343-9723.
* LAUREL RUN ASCENT 11 mile trail race, April 19 at 8:30 a.m. at Laurel Run Park, Church Hill. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* AMAZINGRACE 5k and 1-mile Fun Run/KFOM, May 4 at 6 p.m. in Kingsport to support Providence Medical Clinic. For more information, go to www.fbcamazingrace5k.com or contact Allison Jones at (423) 791-2757 or email@example.com.
* MEMORIAL FREEDOM 5K, May 24 at 8 a.m. under the Bristol VA-TN Sign. Race fee is $25 and $30 day of race. For more information or to register, go to www.gattonhonda5k.com or call (423) 968-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* CASA 8K & MILE, May 31 at 8 a.m. at Crockett Spring Park, Rogersville. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
* THE RIVER MILE, June 3 at 6 p.m. at Laurel Run Park, Church Hill. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 5 at 7 a.m. ay Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
* WOLF RUN 7 MILE TRAIL RACE, July 15, at 6:30 p.m. at Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* PHIPPS BEND 5K, July 26 at 8 a.m. at Phipps Bend Industrial District, Surgoinsville. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
* BAYS MOUNTAIN 15 MILE TRAIL RACE, Sept. 13 at 8 a.m. at Bays Mountain Park, Kingsport. For more information, go to www.runtricities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* KING UNIVERSITY CAMPS: Skills camps, June 11-13 ($100) and June 16-20 ($150) for ages 8-12; pitchers and catchers camp for ages 8 and up June 23-24 ($75); advanced skills camp for ages 10 and up June 25-27 ($100). For more information go to www.kingtornado.com/sports/sball or contact assistant coach Travis McCall at (423) 652-4856 or email@example.com.
* KINGSPORT PIRANHAS SPRING CLINIC AND TRY OUTS, April 7-17 at Dobyns-Bennett and the Kingsport Aquatic Center. Cost is $80. For more information or to register, go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini at swimKingsport@gmail.com or (423) 967-4264.
* AQUA-TICK SWIM SCHOOL at Dobyns-Bennett High School is offering eight 30 min. swim lessons for $65 (ages 4 and above). The following dates are being offered: April 14-17 and 21-24; May 5-8 and 12-15 and June 2-5 and 9-12. For more information, contact Coach Lora Fowler at (423) 378-8551 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms can also be picked up at the D-B Activities Office.
* KINGSPORT PIRANHAS LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES, April 18-20, May 9-11, May 21-23 and June 6-8 at Dobyns-Bennett. Must be at least 15 years old, cost is $200, deadline is two weeks before each session. For more information, contact Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264, swimKingsport@gmail.com or go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com.
* KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL SWIM SCHOOL, April 22-May 15, June 2-30 and July 7-31 at Dobyns-Bennett. For ages 4 and over, cost is $100. For more inofrmation or to register, go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini at 967-4264 and swimKingsport@gmail.com.
* MUTUAL OF OMAHA BREAKOUT! SWIM CLINIC, May 10 at the Kingsport Aquatic Center. Event is a four hour in-water stroke technique clinic from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for ages 8-18. Cost is $60. The clinic features Olympians Davis Tarwater and Kate Ziegler. For more information or to register, contact Kathy Lupi at (423) 588-9620 or CoachKat@SWAPswimming.com.
* KINGSPORT PARKS & REC 12 & UNDER SPRING TENNIS, April 29-May 15 at V.O. Dobbins, Sr. Complex, 301 Louis Street, Kingsport. Cost is $30, classes Tuesdays and Thursdays. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489 or email@example.com.
* RIDGEFIELDS CLUB JUNIOR TENNIS CLINICS, June 3-July 24. Classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, match play on Wednesdays. Divisions: 4-6, 7-9 and 9-11, and tournament and high school (ages open). For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991.
* RIDGEFIELDS CLUB JUNIOR TENNIS CAMPS for beginners and intermediate players. Camp I, June 3-6; Camp II, June 24-27; Camp III, July 8-11; Top Tier Tennis Academy (tournament players), July 28-31. Sports Camp I, June 17-20; Sports Camp II, July 15-18. Cost for tennis camps is $95, sports camps are $195. For more information, contact Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991.