Have you shopped the “blue light special” lately?
Kmart may no longer have the “blue lights,” but they do have a few ways to help you save money:
1. K-Mart Ad Coupons
The Kmart Sunday sales circular and the Kmart Monthly Storewide Savings Guide offer store coupons. The Monthly Savings Guide circular is usually located near the entrance of the store. Kmart will NOT stack a store coupon with a manufacturer coupon.
2. Manufacturer Coupons
Kmart will accept printable and Sunday insert coupons.
3. K-Mart Gas Rewards
Kmart offers gas rewards at participating stations (BP, Speedway, Sunoco, and Shell). Check Kmart’s web site for these offers.
The current offer from the Kmart web site is “Spend $40 or more on participating Kimberly-Clark, Clorox, and Sun products and get a coupon for $1 off per gallon to redeem at a participating local gas station. Offer valid from 1/5/14—2/3/14…”
This will print at the bottom of your receipt and will list the participating stations.
4. Shop Your Way Rewards
Kmart’s reward program is called Shop Your Way Rewards. You can sign up at Kmart or online at http://www.kmart.com. Be sure to enter your E-mail address to receive extra reward opportunities.
Basically, there are two ways to earn rewards:
1. You can earn 10 points for every $1 that you spend on qualifying items.
2. Take advantage of “Shop Your Way Promotions” to earn extra rewards. You can use coupons on these promotions as well. To redeem earned points, simply inform the cashier as you check out.
3. Gift Card Promotions Well, these technically aren’t gift cards, but they work like a gift card. These are promotions that offer money back for a minimum purchase, for example, $10 back when you purchase a minimum of $30 of P&G products. The $30 minimum is calculated BEFORE coupons so this is a great way to stack deals. The reward will print on the bottom of your receipt. Watch the expiration dates on these.
4. Prescription Transfers Shop Your Way Rewards Members can earn up to $100 for transferred prescriptions. Check the details at http://pharmacy.kmart.com/shc/RxHome.do?intcmp=asappromo1pharmacy.
5. Clearance Kmart offers some amazing end of season clearance sales.
There is a recommended method for organizing your coupons when you check out. It’s hard to believe, but even the order that your coupons are put in the register can save money!
1. Use any coupons that offer money off a minimum purchase, for example, five dollars off a minimum purchase of thirty dollars. If you do this last the other coupons could take the total below the minimum.
2. Kmart In-Ad or In-Store Coupons
3. Manufacturer Coupons
4. Catalinas (You can only use one Catalina per transaction)
5. Gift Cards/Prescription Transfers
6. Redeem any points
Unfortunately, most couponing sites are reporting that as of Jan. 11, Kmart will no longer double coupons. I have not verified this with our local Kmart, but it does appear that this was a corporate decision.
Also, Kmart does not work with SavingStar or Ibotta.
Next week we will continue to look at different department stores.
Please send all questions, comments, and/or tips to email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you!comments powered by Disqus