The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• BUCCANEER WINTER HITTING CAMP, Feb. 8-9 at the ETSU MSHA Athletic Center. ETSU coach Tony Skole and his staff will conduct the camp. Cost is $130, and is open to ages 5-18. Call (423) 439-4496 for more information or to reserve a spot.
• GATE CITY LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL & SOFTBALL signups, Jan. 25 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Gate City Fire Hall second floor. For ages 4 and up (age cutoff April 30, 2014). Bring child’s birth certificate and three proofs of residency dated within a year. For more information or to register online, go to www.eteamz.com/gatecitylittleleague.
• LYNN GARDEN BASEBALL, SOFTBALL & TEE BALL LEAGUE will be meeting from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Lynn Garden Restaurant each Saturday from Jan. 18 to Feb. 22. Tee ball is for ages 3-4 and 5-6, baseball for ages 7-9 and 10-13, softball for ages 7-9, 10-13 & 14-17. For more information, visit the LGOC baseball/softball Facebook page or stop by Lynn Garden restaurant on the designated Saturdays.
• DANIEL BOONE LITTLE LEAGUE signups, Jan. 25 and Feb. 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Gray Ruritan. For more information, contact David Wine at (423) 262-7227, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.danielboonell.com.
• UNICOI YMCA ADULT LEAGUE SIGNUPS, Jan. 21-Feb. 28. 12 game season and tournament, $350.00. For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS YMCA HOOPSFEST, Jan 24-26 at YMCA in Erwin. Boys and girls, grade 3-7. $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JUNIOR HILLTOPPER HOOPS INVITATIONAL Jan. 31-Feb. 2 at YMCA in Erwin. Boys and girls, grade 3-7. $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• VOLUNTEER CLASSIC, Jan. 31-Feb. 2 in Church Hill. Girls and boy, grades 3-8, $100 entry fee with multiple team discount available. For more information, call Jimmy Whalen at (423) 914-5157, Clay at 384-6686, Stewart at 384-3225 or Mike at 292-4048.
• ST. VALENTINES BATTLE IN THE VALLEY, Feb. 14-16 in Johnson City. Ages: 7-, 9-, 11- and 13-under; $100 entry fee. For more information, call Justin at (423) 307-2906 or Tommy at 773-5986
• MODEL CITY MADNESS, Feb. 21-23 in Kingsport. Boys and girls divisions, grades 2-8. For more information, call or text Travis Leming at (423) 817-9996.
• TRI-CITIES SENIOR SLOWPITCH softball organizational meeting, Jan. 21 at the Johnson Center Senior Center on Bert St. at 10 a.m.. There will also be a manned information table at the JC Center on Feb. 12, from 5:30-7 p.m. For more information on the upcoming season, contact Charlie Mattioli at (423) 543-1962 or Mike Woods at (434) 6223.CAMPS/CLINICS
• ETSU WINTER SKILLS CAMP, Jan. 26 from 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the ETSU MSHA Athletic Center. The camp will feature instruction from ETSU head coach Brad Irwin and coaching staff, ETSU players, and guest instructors. Early registration is $65, $75 day of. For more information, go to etsubucs.com/softball or contact assistant coach Kenzie Roark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 439-8439.
• A TRIATHLON CLINIC for beginners will be held at Warriors Path Recreational Hall on Feb. 1 at 10:30 a.m. The clinic will include speakers and demonstrations for running, swimming and biking. $15 donation with all proceeds going to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. For more information, call Skip Dickerson at (423) 335-3594 or email email@example.com.