The most viewed crime stories by the Times-News staff, for the week of Jan. 3 through Jan. 10.
1) Hawkins woman faces felony assault charge in Waffle House beating
A Hawkins County woman was arraigned on one count of aggravated assault Monday morning in connection with a beating at an Allandale restaurant last month that broke the victim’s nose and orbital bone around the eye.
2) Man struck by car in Kingsport road rage incident
A road rage incident has resulted in one man being transported to the hospital by EMS after he was struck by a car when he exited his SUV on Fort Henry Drive.
3) Kingsport man says he accidentally left loaded gun in airport carry-on
A Kingsport man arrested for including a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage at Tri-Cities Regional Airport says the incident was an honest accident, adding that he’s a frequent traveler in and out of multiple airports.
4) KPD: Reckless driver flees police with baby in car
A reportedly "out of control" Kingsport driver slid sideways through a Walmart parking lot multiple times on Wednesday – while carrying an infant passenger in his car – then attempted to flee police.
5) DUI suspect fights officers in middle of Stone Drive
An intoxicated driver fought with two officers in the middle of Stone Drive on Sunday morning, according to police, and rolled "into oncoming traffic" while attempting to escape.
6) Police looking for suspect in Colonial Heights shooting
The incident began when patrol officers with the KPD were dispatched to the parking lot of Perkins restaurant on Fort Henry Drive because shots had been fired, according to a press release.
7) Second Hawkins man charged in incident with three 13-year-old girls
A second man has been charged in connection with an incident that occurred Nov. 30 in which police found three 13-year-old girls traveling in a vehicle with an adult they allegedly met on Facebook.
8) Johnson City mother to plead guilty in child porn case
A Johnson City mother who sold three of her children into child pornography production has agreed to plead guilty to one of the federal charges filed against her.
9) Man claiming to have gun robs Blountville pharmacy
Police are searching for a man who allegedly claimed he was armed with a gun and threatened to kill employees of a Blountville drug store if the pharmacist would not give him drugs.
10) Thieves steal 200 pounds of copper from Food City refrigeration units
Police are investigating the theft of copper out of Food City refrigeration units, left stored inside trailers behind a local store.