The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• NEW YEAR’S BASH, Jan. 3-5 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $125 entry fee. Girls teams contact Scott Snodgrass by text or phone at (276) 870-9584. Boys teams contact Wes Needham by text or phone at (276) 275-8561.
• HILLTOPPER YOUTH WINTER HOOPS CLASSIC, Jan. 17-19 at Science Hill. Boys and girls, grade 3-7. $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS YMCA HOOPSFEST, Jan 24-26 at YMCA in Erwin. Boys and girls, grade 3-7. $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JUNIOR HILLTOPPER HOOPS INVITATIONAL Jan. 31-Feb. 2 at YMCA in Erwin. Boys and girls, grade 3-7. $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• MODEL CITY MADNESS, Feb. 21-23 in Kingsport. Boys and girls divisions, grades 2-8. For more information, call or text Travis Leming at (423) 817-9996.
• WINTER BREAK TENNIS CAMP, Jan. 2-3 at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium. Classes for ages 4-6, 7-9, 10-12 with classes divided by skill level. For more information, call (423) 224-2489 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A TRIATHLON CLINIC for beginners will be held at Warriors Path Recreational Hall on Feb. 1 at 10:30 a.m. The clinic will include speakers and demonstrations for running, swimming and biking. $15 donation with all proceeds going to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. For more information, call Skip Dickerson at (423) 335-3594 or email email@example.com.