Kasie Danyell Crumley
ROGERSVILLE — A Hawkins County woman who admittedly lied when she told a 911 dispatcher this past June she’d been shot and was being held captive so that police would respond faster was sentenced Tuesday to three years.
Kasie Danyell Crumley, 33, 326 Oak Grove Road, Rogersville, pleaded guilty before Judge John Dugger Tuesday to felony filing a false report, possession of drug paraphernalia, and two counts of misdemeanor drug possession.
Aside from the three year sentence Crumley was fined a total of $1,750, and she will be eligible for release after serving 30 percent of her sentence.
In the early morning hours of June 8 several Hawkins County deputies converged on 570 Stoney Point Road in Surgoinsville ready to face a gunman and hostage situation.
Instead they found Crumley — who had told a 911 dispatcher she’d been shot and was being held captive — standing outside the residence with a phone in her hand.
Crumley admitted that she lied to a Hawkins County 911 dispatcher about being shot and being held captive so that police would respond faster.
The actual reason Crumley called 911 was never determined.
She was arrested and searched, Deputies found her in possession of a Suboxone strip and a syringe in her pocket, and in her purse were five melted Opanas on burnt spoons, one melted Opana in a silver container, five burnt spoons with an unknown white residue and one unknown white pill.
Other guilty pleas heard by Dugger Tuesday included:
• Brandi Gail Collins, 33, 954 Christians Bend Road, Church Hill, who was sentenced to three years and fined $4,225 for possession of Schedule II narcotics with intent to deliver, possession of Schedule IV narcotics with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Jessie Eugene Birchfield, 28, 833 Petersburg Road, Rogersville, who was sentenced to three years and fined $100 for aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000.
• David Allen Depew, 24, no address available, who was sentenced to three years and fined $100 for aggravated burglary and theft under $500.
• Keith Dewayne Thacker, 39, no address available, who was sentenced to one year and fined $100 for forgery.
• Christie Michelle Black, 43, no address available, whio was sentenced to two years and one day and fined $100 for theft over $1,000.
• Denise Renee Pack, 43, no address available, who was sentenced to one year, fined $100 and ordered to pay a total of $874 in restitution for two counts of criminal simulation.
• Marshall Shane Hopkins, 22, 6005 N. Church St., Rogersville, who was sentenced to one year for statutory rape