The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• WISE CENTRAL LADY WARRIORS tournament, Dec. 14 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $100 entry fee. For more information, contact Robin Dotson by text or phone at (276) 393-3964 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS YMCA YOUTH CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT, Dec. 21-23 at the Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13. Entry fee is $80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WISE COUNTY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL YOUTH TOURNAMENT, Dec. 26-30, for boys 14U and 12U. Entry fee is $125. Call Jim Counts at (276) 492-0136 (H) or (276) 679-2200 (W).
• HAPPY VALLEY CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT, Dec. 26-31 in Johnson City/Elizabethton. Divisions: 16U, 13U, 10U and 7U. $100 entry fee, deadline Dec. 20. For more information, call Tommy at (423) 773-5986 or Justin at 307-2906.
• CHICK-FIL-A TOURNAMENT, Dec. 26-Jan. 4 at Colonial Heights and Blountville Middle Schools. Divisions are boys and girls, grades 3-7. Entry fee is $75. For more information, contact Clyde Bentley at (423) 677-5044, Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700 or email@example.com or go to www.eteamz.com/kys-sports/.
• SHOOTING STARS WINTER HOOPS INVITATIONAL, Dec. 27-29 at the Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13. Entry fee is $80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NEW YEAR’S BASH, Jan. 3-5 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $125 entry fee. Girls teams contact Scott Snodgrass by text or phone at (276) 870-9584. Boys teams contact Wes Needham by text or phone at (276) 275-8561.
• MODEL CITY MADNESS, Feb. 21-23 in Kingsport. Boys and girls divisions, grades 2-8. For more information, call or text Travis Leming at (423) 817-9996.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• HOLIDAY SHOW UP AND PLAY FUTSAL, Dec. 14 at Sullins Academy. For boys and girls, schedule is U8/9/10 10-11:25 a.m.; U11/12 11:30 a.m.-12:55 p.m.; U13/14 1-2:25 p.m. Cost per session is $2. For more information or the to reserve a spot, email Derrick Thomas email@example.com.
• A TRIATHLON CLINIC for beginners will be held at Warriors Path Recreational Hall on Feb. 1 at 10:30 a.m. The clinic will include speakers and demonstrations for running, swimming and biking. $15 donation with all proceeds going to the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. For more information, call Skip Dickerson at (423) 335-3594 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
comments powered by Disqus