The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• BLUE DEVIL MADNESS at Castlewood High School, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. Introduction of this year’s boys and girls teams with an inter-squad scrimmage. There will be also be CHS vs SP boys and girls alumni games. Admission is $5, $20 entrance fee for graduates of either school who wish to play. For more information, contact Coach Barry Ruff at (276) 762-9449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HILLTOPPER FALL HOOPS CLASSIC, Nov. 22-23 at Science Hill. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13, $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• CHURCH HILL TOURNAMENT, Nov 22-24. Divisions are boys and girls, grades 3-6. Cost is $75 per team, $50 each for two or more. For more infromation, contact Stewart at (423) 384-3225 or Jason at (423) 963-6068.
• GATE CITY FALL TIP-OFF, Nov. 23-24. Divisions for grades 3-7, $100 entry fee. For more information, contact Jesse McMurray at (276) 690-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• KNIGHTS INVITATIONAL, Nov. 30-Dec. 1 at Virginia-Wise. Entry fee is $100. Divisions: boys grades 4-6 and girls grades 4-5 and 6-7. For more information, call Erik at (423) 723-5773 or CJ at (423) 963-8882.
• HILLTOPPER YOUTH HOLIDAY HOOPS CLASSIC, Dec. 6-8 at Science Hill High School. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13. Entry fee is $80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• DECEMBER CLASSIC, Dec. 6-8 at Daniel Boone High School. Divisions are boys and girls, grades 3-6.. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.eteamz.com/kys-sports.
• CASTLEWOOD YOUTH TOURNAMENT, Dec. 7-8 at Castlewood High School. For all age groups, boys and girls divisions. Entry fee will be $125. For more information, contact Barry at (276) 393-8937, Jon at 393-9451, Darrel at (276) 889-4046 or Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• WISE CENTRAL LADY WARRIORS tournament, Dec. 14 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $100 entry fee. For more information, contact Robin Dotson by text or phone at (276) 393-3964 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS YMCA YOUTH CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT, Dec. 21-23 at the Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13. Entry fee is $80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS WINTER HOOPS INVITATIONAL, Dec. 27-29 at the Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13. Entry fee is $80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• NEW YEAR’S BASH, Jan. 3-5 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $125 entry fee. Girls teams contact Scott Snodgrass by text or phone at (276) 870-9584. Boys teams contact Wes Needham by text or phone at (276) 275-8561.
• MODEL CITY MADNESS, Feb. 21-23 in Kingsport. Boys and girls divisions, grades 2-8. For more information, call or text Travis Leming at (423) 817-9996.
• CHASE THE TURKEY 5K RUN AND WALK, Nov. 28 at Meadowview/Cattails Golf Course in Kingsport. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• JOHNSON CITY UP & AT ’EM TURKEY TROT 5K Run and Family Fitness Walk, Nov. 28, 8:30 a.m., Legion St. Parks & Rec. Information and registration: www.jcturkeytrot.org.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• FCDALLASTRI GIRLS U15-18 TRYOUTS for the winter and spring season. Nov. 16 and 23 (U15/16 10 a.m.-noon; U17/18 2-4 p.m.), and Nov. 19 and 21 (6:15-8 p.m.) at the Eastman Park Field D or E. Cost of tryout is $25. To register, go to https://fcdallastri.sportngin.com/register/form/481200161. For more information, email Michael Louter at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 737-7251.
• REBEL WRESTLING AAU team is accepting registration for ages 6-18. Preseason practice starts Nov. 4 and will take place every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at the Rebel Wrestling building across from the South Baseball field. Registration can be done online at www.Rebelwrestling.com or in person at practice.
comments powered by Disqus