A look back at the most viewed crime stories written by the Times-News staff, for the week of Nov. 1 through Nov. 8.
1) Police: Inmates attack Kingsport child rape suspect
According to a police report, the assault occurred as the four men were in a holding cell awaiting appearances in Kingsport court, with one suspect saying they were motivated by the charges of sex crimes against a child.
2) Inmate dies at Kingsport jail
A man arrested Monday by Kingsport police — accused of breaking items and acting erraticly on a stranger's patio, then resisting responding officers — has since died while being held in the city jail.
3) Inmate who died in Kingsport jail suspected of being on bath salts
A man who allegedly vandalized a Kingsport home on Monday and fought with responding officers was suspected of being on bath salts, according to an incident report, and had to be secured in a restraint chair at the city jail prior to his death in the facility.
4) Church Hill police allegedly find drug deal records on passed out woman
The suspect — who was charged with child endangerment in November, when found sleeping outside Walmart with her 4-year-old son — also allegedly had two prescription bottles during Thursday's arrest.
5) Woman allegedly found in ditch with meth
Two baggies of meth were allegedly seized from a Hawkins County woman who was found sitting in a roadside ditch Tuesday afternoon.
6) Woman charged with embezzlement from Blountville cemetery
A 77-year-old Blountville woman has been arrested for allegedly stealing more than $60,000 from a local cemetery, with police saying she did so while serving as treasurer for its volunteer association.
7) Blountville man charged with assault, child neglect
Police say a man who choked, cut and kicked his girlfriend in the face was later located in his Blountville home "passed out" on the floor with an unattended, crying baby.
8) Armed robbers handcuff Kingsport clerk, steal other employee's car
One employee had her hands cuffed behind her back at gunpoint, while the other was told to hand over all their money.
9) Three pounds of 'pungent' marijuana seized during Hawkins traffic stop
Hawkins County K-9 Officer “Filou” confirmed what narcotics officer strongly suspected Saturday afternoon, that there was allegedly a lot of highly pungent marijuana hidden in a vehicle during a traffic stop near Rogersville.
10) Dad arrested after children tell police he made them feel ‘unsafe’
A Hawkins County man was arrested Saturday evening after his children reportedly called 911 and stated their father had been drinking, was acting aggressively toward them, and they didn’t feel safe.