A look at some of this weekend's entertainment options throughout the region.
• King University’s Theatre Department will present two student-directed productions — “Sorry, Wrong Number” and “The Lottery” — at 7:30 p.m., Thursday through Saturday at the Paramount Center for the Arts in downtown Bristol. Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for students and free for King students with ID. Tickets are available at the Paramount box office, by calling (423) 274-8920 or by going to www.theparamountcenter.com. For more information, call Elizabeth Lee Dollar at (423) 652-4839.
• The 34th Annual Christmas Connection will be held this weekend at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium. Hours are noon to 6 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday; and noon to 5 p.m., Sunday. Admission is free. For more information, call (423) 392-8415.
• Natural Tunnel State Park will host astronomy night beginning at 8 p.m., Saturday at the Blockhouse. The program is free. Participants should dress for the weather. For more information, call (276) 940-1643.
• East Tennessee State University will host its November Star Party from 8 to 10 p.m., Saturday at the Harry Powell Observatory. The event will be cancelled in the event of cloud cover. Call the observatory in advance at (423) 929-3382 to make sure the open house will be held. Directions to the observatory and a map are available at www.etsu.edu/cas/physics/observatory/default.aspx.
• Greyscale, East Tennessee State University’s new jazz-pop fusion vocal ensemble, will headline the annual Big Fall Show on Saturday and Sunday in the D.P. Culp University Center’s Martha Street Culp Auditorium. Show times are 7:30 p.m., Saturday and 3 p.m., Sunday. Also performing will be the BucsWorth Men’s Choir and Women’s Choir. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for ETSU students with ID. Advance tickets are available by visiting www.etsu.edu/cas/music or calling (423) 439-4276. Tickets will also be sold at the door.
• The Symphony of the Mountains Chamber Ensemble will perform at 2:30 p.m., Sunday at the Kingsport Renaissance Center. Performance pieces will include Beethoven’s “Sonata No. 5 in F,” often known as the “Spring Sonata”; Saint-Saëns’ “Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso” and Schubert’s famous chamber piece “Quintet in C Major.” Tickets are $12. Call (423) 392-8414 or visit www.EngageKingsport.com.