A look back at the most viewed crime stories from the Times-News staff, for the week of Oct. 25 through Nov. 1
1) Kingsport mother arrested after child overdoses
A Kingsport woman has been arrested after her 1-year-old son overdosed on Suboxone — a prescription medication used to treat opioid dependence — and she delayed seeking help for the vomiting child.
2) KPD: Woman runs boyfriend over for McDonald's
A Kingsport woman's food cravings allegedly ran amok Wednesday morning, as her boyfriend's refusal to visit McDonald's spurred her to run him over with a pickup truck — striking him three times.
3) Kingsport drug suspects charged with child abuse
A welfare check has led police to an apartment littered with trash, pills, pot and paraphernalia, prompting the arrest of a Kingsport couple on drug and child neglect charges.
4) Man arrested during robbery at Kingsport pharmacy
Kingsport police have arrested a man who allegedly walked into a city pharmacy Tuesday night with a loaded gun, requested a pen and paper from an employee, and scribbled a note demanding drugs.
5) KPD: No injuries in shooting that escalated from tailgating incident
A shooting incident Saturday afternoon resulted in one arrest and prompted Kingsport police to advise the public against confronting a person who is driving or behaving in an aggressive or confrontational manner.
6) Halloween safety education effort leads to drug bust at Kingsport apartment complex
Three men are facing drug charges as the result of a Kingsport Police Department courtesy officer’s distribution of Halloween safety materials at an apartment complex.
7) Police: Would-be pill peddlers admit, ‘We been trying, but we just don’t know anybody’
A couple who drew the attention of police early Sunday after holding up the cashier’s line at a Rogersville market for 20 minutes were allegedly later found to be very high on drugs.
8) Car stolen after Kingsport shopper leaves keys in ignition
Police are searching for a suspected car thief, saying the victim left their keys in the ignition of an unlocked, unoccupied vehicle as they shopped in a Kingsport grocery store.
9) HCSO: Accused drug dealer said gun was ‘to intimidate people’
A Kingsport man who was allegedly found in possession of a pistol and large quantity of pills following a vehicular crash Friday afternoon reportedly told police he had the gun “to intimidate people.”
10) Rogersville man charged with assault for allegedly punching off-duty deputy
A Rogersville man was charged with simple assault Saturday evening after allegedly punching an off-duty Hawkins County deputy in the presence of a Rogersville police officer.