The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• 14U COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS tryouts for spring season, Oct. 20 from 2-5 p.m. at Colonial Heights Middle School. Players cannot turn 15 before May 1. For more information, call Connley Taylor at (423) 502-5202.
started 9-30• KINGSPORT INDIANS 11U team is looking for players to complete its roster for the upcoming 2014 Spring season. For more information, call Matt at (423) 782-8127.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth basketball registration. Leagues offered for boys ages 5-17 and girls 5-12. Registration fee is $20, forms available at the athletic office in the Civic Auditorium during normal work hours. Deadline for ages 5-12 is Oct. 11, ages 13-15, Oct. 18 and ages 16-17 Oct. 25. For more information, call (423) 229-9459 or (423) 229-9470 or e-mail JasonWilburn@KingsportTN.gov.
• KINGSPORT KNIGHTS 5TH GRADE boys team looking for players for upcoming basketball season. For more information, contact C.J. at (423) 963-8882
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM 6th grade boys basketball tryouts. For more information, call (423) 833-8431.
• UNICOI YOUTH SIGNUPS through Nov. 11. Boys and girls divisions, ages 4-18. $50 for nonmembers, $35 for members. Teams $250. Season starts Dec. 3. at Erwin YMCA. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THE FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS tournaments Oct. 26-27 and Nov. 9-10 in Bristol, Va. Divisions: boys and girls grades 2-12. $135 entry fee. For more information, call Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• TIP-OFF CLASSIC, Nov. 1-3 at Daniel Boone High School. Boys and girls, grades 3-6. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700, email@example.com or go to eteamz.com/kys-sports.
• FALL BASH, Nov. 8-10 at Daniel Boone High School. Boys and girls, grades 3-6. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 963-0700, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to eteamz.com/kys-sports.
• SHOOTING STARS TIP OFF CLASSIC, Nov. 8-10 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TRI-CITIES FALL YOUTH CLASSIC, Nov. 15-17 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HILLTOPPER FALL HOOPS CLASSIC, Nov. 22-23 at Science Hill. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13, $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• WISE CENTRAL LADY WARRIORS tournament, Dec. 14 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $100 entry fee. For more information, contact Robin Dotson by text or phone at (276) 393-3964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NEW YEAR’S BASH, Jan. 3-5 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $125 entry fee. Girls teams contact Scott Snodgrass by text or phone at (276) 870-9584. Boys teams contact Wes Needham by text or phone at (276) 275-8561.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, Oct. 26-27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp, run by coach Tom Griffin, cost $150. For more information, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.
• TENNESSEE GRIDIRON CHALLENGE, Nov. 9-10 in Kingsport area. For ages 7-14, two-game guarantee, $225 entry fee. A mandatory weigh-in will be Nov. 8. For more information, go to TnGridironchallenge.com.
• JCALL SCRAMBLE, Oct. 25 at Johnson City Country Club. The tournament, which benefits the Johnson City American Little League, will feature a special appearance by ETSU football coach Carl Torbush. Four-man, select-shot, shot-gun start at 12:30 p.m., $100 per person or $400 per team. For more information, contact Steve Bassham at (423) 483-3071 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Herman Rice at (423) 791-1350 and email@example.com.
• YOUNG LIFE KINGSPORT DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT, Nov. 9 at V.O. Dobbins Community Center at 1 p.m. $100 per team pre-registration. Go to dodgeball-ylkpt.eventbrite.com to register.
• CHASE THE TURKEY 5K RUN AND WALK, Nov. 28 at Meadowview/Cattails Golf Course in Kingsport. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• FALL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. The hitting camp is Oct. 20 for ages 10 and up. Pitcher and catcher camp Oct. 27 for ages 8 and up. Camps will are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $75 per camp. For more information, go to kingtornado.com or contact Assistant Coach Travis McCall at (423) 652-4856 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 3RD DEGREE SOFTBALL will hold tryouts Sunday, Oct. 20 at 2 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Kingsport. Looking for players for 18U, 14U and 12U teams. For more information call Mike Stanley at (423) 863-3126, Ty Steadman (423) 677-1736 or Patrick Brickey (432) 967-9805.
comments powered by Disqus