The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
started 9-30• KINGSPORT INDIANS 11U team is looking for players to complete its roster for the upcoming 2014 Spring season. For more information, call Matt at (423) 782-8127.
• EUROPEAN BASKETBALL TRAINING ACADEMY, Mondays at 6:30 p.m. at the Carver Park Recreation Center in Johnson City. Open to boys and girls ages 7-18. For more information, call Bruce Murray at (828) 380-0807 oremail email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT KNIGHTS 5TH GRADE boys team looking for players for upcoming basketball season. For more information, contact C.J. at (423) 963-8882
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM 6th grade boys basketball tryouts. For more information, call (423) 833-8431.
• UNICOI YOUTH SIGNUPS, Oct. 1-Nov. 11. Boys and girls divisions, ages 4-18. $50 for nonmembers, $35 for members. Teams $250. Season starts Dec. 3. at Erwin YMCA. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THE FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS tournaments Oct. 5-6, 26-27 and Nov. 9-10 in Bristol, Va. Divisions: boys and girls grades 2-12. $135 entry fee. For more information, call Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• SHOOTING STARS TIP OFF CLASSIC, Nov. 8-10 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TRI-CITIES FALL YOUTH CLASSIC, Nov. 15-17 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• HILLTOPPER FALL HOOPS CLASSIC, Nov. 22-23 at Science Hill. Boys and girls divisions, ages 9-13, $80 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• WISE CENTRAL LADY WARRIORS tournament, Dec. 14 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $100 entry fee. For more information, contact Robin Dotson by text or phone at (276) 393-3964 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NEW YEAR’S BASH, Jan. 3-5 in Wise. Age divisions are boys and girls, grades 4-5 and 6-7. $125 entry fee. Girls teams contact Scott Snodgrass by text or phone at (276) 870-9584. Boys teams contact Wes Needham by text or phone at (276) 275-8561.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Oct. 12-13 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and email@example.com or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, Oct. 26-27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp, run by coach Tom Griffin, cost $150. For more information, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.
• TENNESSEE GRIDIRON CHALLENGE, Nov. 9-10 in Kingsport area. For ages 7-14, two-game guarantee, $225 entry fee. A mandatory weigh-in will be Nov. 8. For more information, go to TnGridironchallenge.com.
• DAVID GARDNER BENEFIT, Oct. 12 at the Club at Ridgefields with a 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Four-player teams using 1/2 handicap in a scramble format. Teams may be mixed men and women, members and non-members. Entry fee is $75 per player with all proceeds going to the Gardner family.
• YOUNG LIFE KINGSPORT DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT, Nov. 9 at V.O. Dobbins Community Center at 1 p.m. $100 per team pre-registration. Go to dodgeball-ylkpt.eventbrite.com to register.
• APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD RACE, Oct. 5 at Unicoi YMCA in Erwin. 4-mile run and 2-mile walk. Cost is $20 ($25 day of). For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CHASE THE TURKEY 5K RUN AND WALK, Nov. 28 at Meadowview/Cattails Golf Course in Kingsport. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• FALL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. The hitting camp is Oct. 20 for ages 10 and up. Pitcher and catcher camp Oct. 27 for ages 8 and up. Camps will are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Cost is $75 per camp. For more information, go to kingtornado.com or contact Assistant Coach Travis McCall at (423) 652-4856 or email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT META/MATCHPOINT CLINICS for boys and girls 5-18. Cost $45 per 20 hour total sessions. For more information, call Al Wilkes at (423) 930-7478.
• INDIAN SPRINGS OPTIMIST Club and Kingsport City AAU wrestling club signups will be held on Oct. 2 from 5-8 p.m. at the East Stone Drive McDonalds.