A review of the most viewed crime stories written by the Times-News staff, for the week of Sept 20 through Sept. 27
1) Kingsport police charge two mothers with child neglect
A pair of women have been arrested after they were allegedly found passed out in separate Kingsport parking lots, leaving their young children unattended in vehicles.
2) Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force rounding up 52 suspects
The Southwest Virginia Drug Task Force is in the process of rounding up more than 50 people who were indicted on narcotics-related charges last week by a multi-jurisdictional grand jury.
3) Pawn shop owner arrested for no license, wearing customer's jewelry
A pawn shop owner was arrested for not having a license and wearing jewelry she purchased from a customer, according to the Kingsport Police Department
4) Sullivan County DUI suspect flips car
A woman has been arrested after allegedly flipping her car as she drove intoxicated in Piney Flats, claiming she swerved to miss an animal in the roadway, and while carrying her juvenile son as a passenger.
5) Hawkins man arrested after allegedly faking suicide attempt
A Hawkins County man was arrested last week on charges including filing a false report and misuse of official information after he allegedly faked a suicide attempt to gain sympathy from his girlfriend.