The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• EUROPEAN BASKETBALL TRAINING ACADEMY, Mondays at 6:30 p.m. at the Carver Park Recreation Center in Johnson City. Open to boys and girls ages 7-18. For more information, call Bruce Murray at (828) 380-0807 oremail email@example.com.
• TRICITY EXPRESS TRYOUTS, Sept. 29 at the Velocity Sports Complex. Tryouts for boys and girls, grades 3-6. For more information, call (423) 573-0001 or email Cory.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• KINGSPORT KNIGHTS 5TH GRADE boys team looking for players for upcoming basketball season. For more information, contact C.J. at (423) 963-8882
• FALL BOYS AND GIRLS LEAGUE for all grades, starting Oct. 5. Team entry fee is $250. Deadline to register is Sept. 27. For more information, contact Tommy Henry at (423) 782-7211 and email@example.com or Mark Tincher at (423) 292-2716 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM 6th grade boys basketball tryouts. For more information, call (423) 833-8431.
• THE FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS tournaments Oct. 5-6, 26-27 and Nov. 9-10 in Bristol, Va. Divisions: boys and girls grades 2-12. $135 entry fee. For more information, call Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• SHOOTING STARS TIP OFF CLASSIC, Nov. 8-10 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• TRI-CITIES FALL YOUTH CLASSIC, Nov. 15-17 at Erwin YMCA. Division are boys and girls, grades 4-7. Entry fee is $ 80. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Oct. 12-13 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and email@example.com or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, Oct. 26-27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp, run by coach Tom Griffin, cost $150. For more information, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.
• PORTOLA SCRAMBLE, Sept. 27 at Tri-Cities, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $240 per team and benefits the March of Dimes. For more info call (815) 714-4209 or e-mail MODgolfscramble@gmail.com.
• GLOW BALL GOLF TOURNAMENT, Sept. 27 at Silver Lake Golf Course. Play will begin at dark. Cost is $20 per player (includes glow ball). Four-man select shot format. All proceeds go toward Volunteer High School athletics. To register a team, call (423) 276-3656.
• DAVID GARDNER BENEFIT, Oct. 12 at the Club at Ridgefields with a 9:30 a.m. shotgun start. Four-player teams using 1/2 handicap in a scramble format. Teams may be mixed men and women, members and non-members. Entry fee is $75 per player with all proceeds going to the Gardner family.
• YOUNG LIFE KINGSPORT DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT, Nov. 9 at V.O. Dobbins Community Center at 1 p.m. $100 per team pre-registration. Go to dodgeball-ylkpt.eventbrite.com to register.
• APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD RACE, Oct. 5 at Unicoi YMCA in Erwin. 4-mile run and 2-mile walk. Cost is $20 ($25 day of). For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CHASE THE TURKEY 5K RUN AND WALK, Nov. 28 at Meadowview/Cattails Golf Course in Kingsport. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• KINGSPORT META/MATCHPOINT CLINICS for boys and girls 5-18. Cost $45 per 20 hour total sessions. For more information, call Al Wilkes at (423) 930-7478.