The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• TENNESSEE SHOOTERS will hold evaluations Sept. 18. This is for boys and girls grades 3-8. Also seeking coaches. For more information, contact Tommy Henry at (423) 782-7211 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Tincher at (423) 292-2716 and email@example.com.
• THE FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS tournaments Oct. 5-6, 26-27 and Nov. 9-10 in Bristol, Va. Divisions: boys and girls grades 2-12. $135 entry fee. For more information, call Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• BPA FALL BALL CLASH, Sept.13-15 at Ridgeview School. For ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• BACK TO SCHOOL BASH, hosted by Surgoinsville Middle School Eagle Club, Sept. 14-15 at Volunteer High School. Entry fee is $50 for 12U; $90 for 13U-16U. For more information, call Donald Green at (423) 534-0442.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Sept. 21-22 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free for 8u, $50 for 9-12 and $100 for 13-15. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and email@example.com or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Oct. 12-13 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and email@example.com or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, Oct. 26-27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp, run by coach Tom Griffin, cost $150. For more information, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.
• PORTOLA SCRAMBLE, Sept. 27 at Tri-Cities, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $240 per team and benefits the March of Dimes. For more info call (815) 714-4209 or e-mail MODgolfscramble@gmail.com.
• CHURCH HILL TROUT RODEO, Sept. 14 from 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Jacyee Park for kids ages 4-16. For more information, call (423) 357-7010.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, Sept. 22 at the Millennium Centre near East Tennessee State. Start time is 7:30 a.m. Register for the race at www.BluegrassHalfMarathon.com.
• APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD RACE, Oct. 5 at Unicoi YMCA in Erwin. 4-mile run and 2-mile walk. Cost is $20 ($25 day of). For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email email@example.com.
• CHASE THE TURKEY 5K RUN AND WALK, Nov. 28 at Meadowview/Cattails Golf Course in Kingsport. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• XTERRA ROCKY TOP HALF MARATHON AND 10K trail races, Dec. 7 at Bays Mountain Park. For more information, go to www.fleetfeetkingsport.com.
• LADY VENOM TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS for 10u and 12u at Volunteer High School on Sept. 12 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.. For more information, contact Nora Barton at (423) 276-6851.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL SWIM SCHOOL registration, for ages 4 and up. Fall session is Aug. 13-Sept. 12 and Sept. 17-Oct. 10 at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Cost is $100. For more information or to register go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini at 967-4264 or swimKingsport@gmail.com.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC tennis lessons at Borden Park, beginning Sept. 17 for ages 4-12. Five nights on instruction concluding with a Rally Night competition. Cost is $30 for Beginner I and II, and $42 for Intermediate. Preregistration through Sept. 13, $5 late fee after. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489.
• KINGSPORT META/MATCHPOINT CLINICS for boys and girls 5-18. Cost $45 per 20 hour total sessions. For more information, call Al Wilkes at (423) 930-7478.