The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• TENNESSEE SHOOTERS will hold evaluations Sept. 18. This is for boys and girls grades 3-8. Also seeking coaches. For more information, contact Tommy Henry at (423) 782-7211 and email@example.com or Mark Tincher at (423) 292-2716 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THE FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS tournaments Oct. 5-6, 26-27 and Nov. 9-10 in Bristol, Va. Divisions: boys and girls grades 2-12. $135 entry fee. For more information, call Scott at (276) 220-9708.
• NET FALL SHOOTOUT, Sept. 7-8 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free for 8u, $50 for 9-12 and $100 for 13-15. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and email@example.com or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BPA FALL BALL CLASH, Sept.13-15 at Ridgeview School. For ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, email@example.com or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Sept. 21-22 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free for 8u, $50 for 9-12 and $100 for 13-15. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and email@example.com.
• FALL HARVEST CLASSIC, Oct. 12-13 at Domtar Park. USSAA, divisions are 8u-15u. Cost is free. For more information, contact Lance Sawyer at (423) 367-8888 and firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly Morton at 306-9665 and email@example.com.
• 8U COLONIAL HEIGHTS REBELS tryouts for spring season Sept. 8 from 2-4 p.m. at Rock Springs Elementary. For more information, call Jay Duncan at (423) 956-2751.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, Oct. 26-27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The camp, run by coach Tom Griffin, cost $150. For more information, call (865) 471-3465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ETSU LADIES’ FOOTBALL CLINIC, Featuring Head Coach Carl Torbush, Sept. 7 at the ETSU/MSHA Athletics Center. The clinic, which begins with registration and a continental breakfast at 8:15 a.m. and ends at noon with a skills session, is designed to educate women about the game. Cost is $20 per person, ETSU employees and students are free with a valid ID. For more information, call (423) 439-8398 or go to the football page at ETSUBucs.com.
• CONTACT CONCERN 211 fundraiser, Sept. 6 at Crockett Ridge. Cost is $75 per person and sponsorships are available. For more information, contact Bob Feagins at (423) 392-8800 or e-mail email@example.com.
• DAVID CROCKETT BASEBALL GOLF TOURNAMENT, Sept. 7 at Twin Creeks, Chuckey. Four-man select shot, entry fee $50 per person. For more information and to register call Logan Clark at (423) 470-3674. You may also call Twin Creeks golf shop at (423) 257-5192.
• PORTOLA SCRAMBLE, Sept. 27 at Tri-Cities, 10 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $240 per team and benefits the March of Dimes. For more info call (815) 714-4209 or e-mail MODgolfscramble@gmail.com.
• EASTMAN ROAD RACES, Sept. 7 in Kingsport. Handcycle 10K, Food City 10K Run, Day & Zimmermann 3K Run and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee 3K Fitness Walk. For more information, go to www.EastmanRoadRace.com.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, Sept. 22 at the Millennium Centre near East Tennessee State. Start time is 7:30 a.m. Register for the race at www.BluegrassHalfMarathon.com.
• APPLE FESTIVAL ROAD RACE, Oct. 5 at Unicoi YMCA in Erwin. 4-mile run and 2-mile walk. Cost is $20 ($25 day of). For more information, call (423) 743-3361 or email email@example.com.
• LADY DIRT DOGS will hold tryouts for all positions on their 10U team Sept. 7 at 2 p.m. There will also be tryouts for their 18U squad for all positions, especially pitchers, on Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. For information about the 10U team contact Bobby (423) 737-3391. For the 18U team call Jeff at (423) 791-1353.
• LADY VENOM TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS for 10u and 12u at Volunteer High School on Sept. 12 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.. For more information, contact Nora Barton at (423) 276-6851.
• KINGSPORT PIRANHAS DEVELOPMENTAL SWIM SCHOOL registration, for ages 4 and up. Fall session is Aug. 13-Sept. 12 and Sept. 17-Oct. 10 at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Cost is $100. For more information or to register go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini at 967-4264 or swimKingsport@gmail.com.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC tennis lessons at Borden Park, beginning Sept. 17 for ages 4-12. Five nights on instruction concluding with a Rally Night competition. Cost is $30 for Beginner I and II, and $42 for Intermediate. Preregistration through Sept. 13, $5 late fee after. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489.
• KINGSPORT META/MATCHPOINT CLINICS for boys and girls 5-18. Cost $45 per 20 hour total sessions. For more information, call Al Wilkes at (423) 930-7478.