Raven Blaze Poe
ROGERSVILLE — A former Cherokee High School student who was arrested last year while still a student during a brawl on campus was indicted Monday by a Hawkins County grand jury on charges including felony vandalism.
On the morning of Oct. 3, 2012, Raven Blaze Poe, 19, 5308 11-W, Rogersville, allegedly got into a fight with another student, head-butted a teacher who attempted to break up the fight and then broke a police car window after being arrested.
On Monday, the grand jury indicted Poe on charges including vandalism over $1,000, a Class E felony, as well as simple assault, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
CHS school resource officer Renee Rogers stated in her report that she observed Poe “screaming and flailing his arms” while yelling obscenities and apparently threatening to kill the student he was fighting.
Rogers said it took several attempts for her to handcuff Poe. While she was escorting Poe to her patrol car, he allegedly resisted and continued yelling obscenities at her including threats to “f... you up.”
Poe then allegedly refused to get into the back of the patrol car. Rogers stated in her report she “had to assist Mr. Poe into the car” — all the while Poe was reportedly stating, “I’m not getting into that (expletive) car.”
Rogers added, “Once in the back seat Mr. Poe began kicking the door and bent the door frame, and broke out the window of the cruiser on the passenger side.”
Poe is scheduled for arraignment this morning in Hawkins County Criminal Court.
Other indictments handed down Monday by the Hawkins County Grand Jury included:
• Terry Lee Allen, 47, 118 Oxford Drive, Church Hill, aggravated assault.
• Michael David Cooper, 35, 2880 Main St., Lot 11, Surgoinsville, aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000.
• Christopher Matthew Mullins, 40, 4827 11-W, Rogersville, burglary and theft under $500.
• Vincent Hobart Ball, 76, 126 War Valley Road, Church Hill, Class B misdemeanor indecent exposure.
• Dustin Anthony Holloway, 27, 2899 Coffey Road, Morristown, theft over $10,000.
• Dennis Lee Murrell, 30, 149 Terrace View, Rogersville, theft over $10,000.
• James Terry Hairston, 47, 808 Johnsontown Road, Thomasville, N.C., theft over $1,000.
• Christopher Matthew Mullins, 40, 4827 11-W, Rogersville, two counts of forgery and identity theft.
• Wanda Faye Harvey, 56, 138 Landerback Road, Rogersville, possession of Schedule II drugs with intent to deliver.
• Samuel David Freeman, 33, 2100-30 Isaac Ave., Kingsport, initiating the process to manufacture meth, promotion of manufacturing meth and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Randy Fields, 39, 2130 Stanley Valley Road, Surgoinsville, initiating the process to manufacture meth, promotion of manufacturing meth and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Amber Gail Bombailey, 22, 496 Gravelly Road, Kingsport, initiating the process to manufacture meth, promotion of manufacturing meth and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Johnny Michael Stallard, 38, 3879 Rocky Hill Lane, Kingsport, initiating the process to manufacture meth, promotion of manufacturing meth, two counts of possession of drug paraphernalia, maintaining a dwelling where narcotics are kept or sold, and tapering with evidence.
• Ray Edward Testerman, 78,117 Ridge St., Surgoinsville, possession of Schedule II narcotics with intent to deliver and possession of Schedule III with intent to deliver.
• Curtis Dwayne Carpenter, 39, 697 Lee Valley Road, Whitesburg, for initiating the process to manufacture meth, promotion of meth manufacturing, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Greg Everett Herron, 37, 132 Pine St., Church Hill, for possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, maintaining a dwelling where narcotics are kept or sold, and possession of drug paraphernalia.