A firefighter battles a wildfire on Thursday, in Cabazon, Calif. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. NEW THREAT PUSHES DIPLOMATS OUT OF PAKISTAN
The State Department says terror groups posed a threat to all Americans in the country.
2. DRONE WAR ESCALATES IN YEMEN
Three U.S. drones kill 12 suspected al-Qaida militants, military officials in the Arab country say, bringing the total slain to 34 in less than two weeks.
3. US, RUSSIA LEADERS MEET AFTER OBAMA CANCELS SUMMIT
Kerry and Hagel are presiding over tense talks today in Washington with Russian officials over Syria, arms control and missile defense.
4. MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER CHILLING FACEBOOK POSTS
Florida police say Derek Medina confessed to killing his wife, then posted a picture of her dead body to his Facebook friends.
5. KIDNAP SUSPECT MAY HAVE EXPLOSIVES
Police say evidence in the rubble of a burned home indicates DiMaggio may have booby-trapped his car after killing a woman and kidnapping her teen daughter.
6. AIRLINES CREW KIDNAPPED IN LEBANON
Officials say the Turkish Airlines crew was seized while traveling from Beirut's airport to a hotel.
7. MARKING THE DEAD AT FORT HOOD RAMPAGE
A soldier testified at Hasan's trial she wrote a "D'' on the foreheads of the people she couldn't save. Thirteen people were killed.
8. WIND FUELS ANOTHER WESTERN WILDFIRE
The blaze in a rugged Southern California mountain range has spread to 22 square miles, mostly uncontained, and threatens more than 500 homes.
9. LUCKY POWERBALL POOL IN NEW JERSEY
Sixteen garage workers hold one of the three winning tickets for the $448 million jackpot. A Minnesota dad has come forward, and New Jersey has another winner.
10. FOR THE TWELFTH TIME, BOY OR GIRL?
A Michigan family welcomed their 12th son. Mom Teri Schwandt says her husband would still love a girl and "we never close that door."