The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE, Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School for ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697, firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth baseball registration for 15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 8U will be holding tryouts Aug. 3 at noon and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at Temple Start Field. For more information, call 341-4937.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS will be hosting 7U through 13U tryouts for 2014 season Aug. 9 and 10 at Domtar Park. For more information, contact the number for your age group: 7U, (423) 863-0181; 8U, 782-8127; 9U, 579-7322; 10U, 914-1060; 11U, 782-8127; 12U, 502-1015; 13U, 747-2304.
• GREENEVILLE 11U MARLINS will hold tryouts on Aug. 3, 3-5 p.m.; Aug. 6 & 8 from 6-8 p.m. at Kinser Park in Greeneville. Player can not turn 12 before May 1, 2014. For more information Steve Massengill (423) 552-6027 or Doug Whaley (423) 329-9437.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 9’s will hold tryouts Aug. 10 from 10 a.m.-noon and Aug. 11 from 2-4 p.m. at Temple Star Field. For more information call (423) 341-4937.
• JOHNSON CITY THUNDER tryouts for the 2014 season, Aug. 18 at Lions Park on Unaka Ave. in Johnson City. Lower Field, 1-3 p.m. (8s), 3-5 (9s); Upper Field, 1-3 p.m. (10s), 3-5 (11s), 5-7 (12s & 13s). For informatio, call Greg Smith at (423) 791-3490 (8/9s), Jim Pollock at 335-0322 (10-13s) or email@example.com. Age cutoff is May 1, 2014.
• EAST TENNESSEE COPPERHEADS, 11-12 yr olds, will hold tryouts, Saturday, Aug. 3 at 5 p.m. at South View park in Colonial Heights. This is a USSSA team playing at Domtar Park this fall. Players can not have turned 13 before May 1, 2013. Please call Frank Baker at (423) 817-4013.
• ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. For more information, call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• THE 2-MAN at Baileyton Golf Club on August 17th and 18th. $200 per team and $100 per individual. For more information, call (423) 234-5131.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821.
• BOOK IT BABY! 5K, Aug. 11 at 6 p.m. at Domtar Park. Early registration is $20 at www.werunevents.com and $25 day of event. For more information, contact Jan Miles at (423) 239-8242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• BLUEGRASS HALF MARATHON, Sept. 22 at the Millennium Centre near East Tennessee State. Start time is 7:30 a.m. Register for the race at www.BluegrassHalfMarathon.com.
• JONESBOROUGH PARKS AND REC FALL SOCCER registration, Aug. 3 and 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Persimmon Ridge ball fields. League is for ages 5-15; fee is $40. For more information, go to jonesboroughtn.org or call (423) 791.3869.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC adult fall league registration though Aug. 2. Divisions are Men’s Open, Men’s Church, Women’s Open and Co-Ed. Entry fee is $350 per team ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth softball registration for15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC, Aug. 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex. Men’s and Women’s divisions. ASA rules. Entry fee is $200 with deadline of Aug. 7. For more information, call 224-7544 or 384-1765.
• THE EAST TENNESSEE LADY TROPICS 12-under softball team is seeking players for Fall tournaments. Practice will be in the Colonial Heights area. For more information, call Trish Chapman at (423) 782-7115 or Bill Troutman at (423) 677-8944.
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org.