The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to email@example.com, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information. The full list can be found at www.timesnews.net/section/upcoming-events.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 461-8332.
• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3 YOUTH LEAGUE signups through Aug. 30. Boys and girls divisions, grades 4-12. 12 game season on weekends at YMCA in Erwin; entry fee is $150 per team. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• COUGAR TOURNAMENT, July 19-21 at Sullivan Central High School. The tournament is for U-14 and U-16. Entry Fee is $275.For more information, call Billy at (423) 676-5733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• COUGAR BASH, July 26-28 at Sullivan Central High School. The tournament is for U-12, U-14, U-16. Entry fee is $275. For more information, call Billy at (423) 676-5733 or email email@example.com.
• BPA BALL YARD CHALLENGE baseball tournament for ages 8-14, will be held Aug. 9-11 at Ridgeview School Baseball Complex. Three-game guarantee. Baseballs will be provided. For more info contact Greg Creech (423) 378-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org Tournament website: http://www.netyouthsports.com
• EAST TENNESSEE STORM fourth and sixth grade boys tryouts. For more information, contact Jason Carter 423-833-8431.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth baseball registration for 15, 14, 12 and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• GREENEVILLE WILDCATS 10U baseball team will hold tryouts on Saturday, July 20. Players cannot turn 10 prior to May 1, 2014. Please call (423) 620-8486 for location of tryouts and further information.
• EAST TENNESSEE SELECT 8s will be holding baseball tryouts Aug. 3 at 12 p.m. and Aug. 4 at 2 p.m. at Temple Start Field. For more information call 341-4937.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS 8U Competitive baseball tryouts, Aug. 9-10. Cannot turn 9 before May 1, 2014. Call (423) 782-8127 for more info.
• KINGSPORT INDIANS 11U Competitive baseball tryouts, Aug. 9-10. Call (423) 782-8127 for more info.
• DANIEL BOONE FOOTBALL CAMPS, at Daniel Boone High School, July 20, 8 a.m.-12 p.m. for ages 5-8. Cost is $25. July 22-23, 5-8 p.m. for ages 9-11, cost is $50. You can register day of the camp or pre-register by sending check to coach Jeremy Jenkins at Daniel Boone High School, 1440 Suncrest Drive, Gray, Tn. 37615.
• ALUMNI FOOTBALL USA is seeking former players from Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan East, Sullivan North and Sullivan Central for alumni games. To sign up call 1-866-U-Get-Hit.
• HONAKER FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. at Greenway Golf Course in Glade Spring. The format is a 4-man captain’s choice with an entry fee of $260 per team. For more information, call Doug Hubbard (276) 202-2552.
• HANDS ON GOLF TOURNAMENT, July 26 at Buffalo Valley Golf Course. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. There will be an adult select shot flight and an adult/youth modified alternate shot flight. Entry fee is $125 for adults and $75 for kids 16 and under. Call Stephen Scheu at (423) 854-9042.
• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• XTERRA NORTH CAROLINA AT BEECH MOUNTAIN, July 27. There will be 15K and 5K trail runs. Entry fee is $35 for the 15K prior to July 18/$40 July 29-26, $45 race day; entry fee for 5K is $25 through July 18, $30 July 19-26 and $45 race day. For more info visti DirtySpokes.com.
• APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K and 1-Mile Fun Walk, Aug. 3 at 8 a.m. in Appalachia, Va. Entry fee is $14 ($15 race day) for 8K; $10 ($11) for Fun Walk. For more information, go to runtricities.org or contact Randy Blair at (276) 565-0406 or Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821.
• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• JOY OF SOCCER CAMP at Tusculum College. Team camps will be conducted July 21-25. The camps are ages 6-17, cost of residential campers is $395, non-residential full-day participants $295 and half-day campers $195. For more information, contact Coach Mike Joy at (423) 636-7321 or 1-800-729-0256 ext. 5321 or email@example.com.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC adult fall league registration though Aug. 2. Divisions are Men’s Open, Men’s Church, Women’s Open and Co-Ed. Entry fee is $350 per team ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC youth softball registration for 15-, 14-, 12- and 10-under. Entry fee is $250 ($10 non-resident fee). Deadline is Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to register, go to the Athletics Office at the Civic Auditorium or call (423) 229-9459 or 229-9460.
• EASTMAN WOODEN BAT SOFTBALL CLASSIC will be held August 10 at the Eastman Softball Complex..Mens and Womens Divisions...ASA rules...Bats provided...Entry fee is $200 with deadline of August 7...For more info call 224-7544 or 384-1765
• BARRACUDA SWIM CLUB is now practicing Monday-Friday in the Kingsport Aquatic Center. New membership is ongoing. Beginner to national qualifier swimmers. For more information, contact coach Chris Coraggio at (423) 833-5595 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.barracudaswimclub.org.
• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.
• VOLUNTEER CAMP, July 17-19, 9-11:30 a.m. at Volunteer High School. For boys and girls, grades 3-8. Cost is $45. For more information, contact Tina Evans at (423) 357-1587.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email email@example.com.