A look back at the most viewed crime stories generated by the Times-News staff from June 28 through July 5.
1) KPD: Passed out parents charged with child neglect at Kingsport Aquatic Center
A Bristol, Tenn., couple have been arrested at the Kingsport Aquatic Center after they were reportedly found passed out in a vehicle — one naked, the other with her breast exposed — leaving their young children unattended for at least three hours.
2) Man who killed self during traffic stop was former Sullivan corrections officer
A former Sullivan County corrections officer who was arrested for DUI twice in a single day last week reportedly shot and killed himself during a traffic stop Wednesday morning in Scott County.
3) Hawkins man charged with statutory rape after his mother called authorities
A 25-year-old Hawkins County man was charged with statutory rape early Sunday morning after his mother reported an alleged sexual encounter he was having with a 14-year-old girl.
4) Authorities search woman's text messages, charge her with pill trafficking
A Church Hill woman is facing a pill trafficking charge based on revealing text messages and recently filled prescriptions that are almost empty.
5) Assault report leads to discovery of still in Bloomingdale
Sullivan County authorities responding to an assault call arrested a Kingsport man Friday for possessing a moonshine still.
6) Hawkins detective shoots victim’s dog after alleged attack during investigation
A Hawkins County detective investigating a home invasion complaint shot and killed the victim’s dog Wednesday after the dog reportedly attempted to attack the detective.
7) Scott County teen, 15, leads police on chase in stolen truck
Scott County authorities arrested a 15-year-old boy earlier this week after he allegedly led police on a pursuit in a stolen farm truck.