Opponents of Egypt's Islamist President Mohammed Morsi hold an Egyptian flag as protest outside the presidential palace in Cairo, Egypt, Monday, July 1. (AP Photo/Hassan Ammar)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. 19 IN ELITE FIREFIGHTING UNIT KILLED BATTLING ARIZONA BLAZE
The "hot shot" firefighters were brought into the central Arizona town of Yarnell to protect residents from a fire that destroyed 200 homes.
2. PROTESTERS STORM HEADQUARTERS OF MORSI GROUP
They ransacked the Cairo headquarters of Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood as protesters geared up for a second day of rallies aimed at forcing the president from power.
3. WHO'S LEVELING NEW SURVEILLANCE ACCUSATIONS
Key allies are threatening sanctions against the U.S. over a report of covert listening devices installed in European Union offices.
4. KERRY LEAVES MIDEAST TO MEND FENCES WITH CHINA, RUSSIA
He arrived in Brunei today for a regional security conference, where he is likely to talk to both nations' ministers about NSA leaker Eric Snowden.
5. SAN FRANCISCO TRANSIT WORKERS STRIKE
Two of the area's rapid transit unions are walking out today, derailing more than 400,000 riders who use the nation's fifth-largest rail system.
6. TWO U.S. PRESIDENTS IN AFRICA
Obama finishes his African tour in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, where former president George W. Bush is attending a conference.
7. DEADLY FALL AT CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
A 31-year-old French performer was being hoisted up the side of the stage when she plummeted to an open pit during the "Ka" show in Las Vegas.
8. RECREATING PIVOTAL CIVIL WAR BATTLE
History buffs playing Union and Confederate soldiers shook hands near a stone wall after re-enacting the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg.
9. LOST LIMB RETURNED AFTER MORE THAN 40 YEARS
An American doctor flew into Vietnam to return the bones of an arm he amputated from a soldier in 1966.
10. WILD PERFORMANCES AT BET AWARDS
Erykah Badu brought a white poodle onstage for her act, and Charlie Wilson jammed with Justin Timberlake. No one won the top video of the year award.