A sampling of events and meetings scheduled for Wednesday, June 12.
* Sullivan County will hold health assessments from 7 a.m. to noon in the commission room of the Sullivan County Courthouse, 3411 Highway 126, Blountville.
* The Sullivan County Commission integrated emergency planning council will meet at 8 a.m., at the Sullivan County Emergency Operations Center.
* The Kingsport Public Library, 400 Broad St., will hold its summer reading program for children in kindergarten through fifth grade at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Nashville’s Wild Goose Chase Theater will present “Dig Into Shadow Puppets.”
* The Rotary Club of Kingsport will meet at noon at the Press Room at Food City, 300 Clinchfield St. Witt Langstaff will present a program on the sister Rotary Club in Rybinsk, Russia.
* Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will hold blood drives from 1 to 6 p.m., at Jacobs Engineering Group, Kingsport; from 4 to 8 p.m., at First Baptist Church, Kingsport; and from 5:30 to 9 p.m., at Northeast Church of Christ, Kingsport. Donors must be 17 or older, weigh 110 pounds or more, and be in good health. Call 224-5888.
* Coeburn Community Library, 111 Third St., Coeburn, Va., will hold sign-up beginning at 1 p.m., for its summer reading program.
* The Sullivan County Commission beverage board will meet at 6 p.m., at the Sullivan County Courthouse, 3411 Highway 126, Blountville.
* The Gate City, Va., Sanitation Authority will meet at 6 p.m., in the auditorium at Gate City Town Hall, 156 E. Jackson St., Gate City.
* The Sullivan County Commission executive committee will meet at 6:30 p.m., in the commission room of the Sullivan County Courthouse, 3411 Highway 126, Blountville.