The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• CARSON-NEWMAN ELITE CATCHING CAMP, June 23-25 run by head baseball coach Tom Griffin. Cost is $150. For more information or to sign up, call (865) 471-3465 or email email@example.com.
• NEW 16U TRAVEL TEAM looking for players. Age cutoff is May 1. Pitching experience is a must. Team will play four tournaments between Memorial Day and July 4. For information, call (423) 923-1011.
• BPA MEMORIAL DAY BASH, May 24-26 at Ridgeview School. Division are ages 8-14. For more information, go to www.netyouthsports.com or contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BASH AT THE BEND, May 25-26 at McPheeter’s Bend Elementary School in Church Hill. Hosted by Volunteer Falcons 12-under. Cost is $125. For more information, contact Jeff Gray yat (423) 863-5518 or email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN TOP CLASSIC, May 25-26 in Wise. Divisions are boys 9-10 (kid pitch) and 8U (coach pitch). Entry fee is $100 for 9-10 and $75 for 8-under. For information, contact Kelly Foster at (276) 219-2063 or Chris Wilson at (276) 219-3659.
• ETABL SPORTS 10U MEMORIAL DAY, May 26-27 at Fordtown Ruritan. Cost is $200. For more information, contact Jim Hosmer at (423) 895-5748.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, June 3-7, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 461-8332.
• CARSON-NEWMAN DRILL FACTORY CAMPS, June 3-7 and July 8-12, for boys and girls grades 3-12. Cost is $135 or $250 for both. For more information, contact assistant coach Shane Williams at email@example.com or (423) 973-3073.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIVIDUAL CAMP, June 10-13 at the school. Camp is for ages 8-17; cost is $70 (discounts for two or more in family). For more information, call (423) 378-8475.
• SULLIVAN SOUTH CAMP, June 10-12, 9 a.m.-noon, for boys and girls ages 7-14. Cost is $40. Open registration June 10 8-9 a.m. at the school. For more information, call (423) 354-1300.
• KING UNIVERSITY BOYS CAMP, June 10-13 (Shooting and Fundamentals) and July 15-18 (Position), conducted by George Pitts and his staff. Cost is $95 for each camp. For more information, contact Associate Head Coach Nick Pasqua at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 652-6031. Register online at www.kingtornado.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN LADY EAGLE CAMP, June 10-13. Camp is designed for grades 3-8, cost is $70. For more information, email email@example.com or call (865) 471-3511.
• VOLUNTEER S.H.O.T. CLINIC conducted by Tennessee basketball coach Cuonzo Martin and staff, June 14 from 6-8 p.m. at Sullivan North. Current and former UT players and local coaches will also participate. Open to boys, grades K-6. Cost is $20. For more information, go to TennesseeSportCamps.com or call (865) 974-0703.
• ALICIA MANNING AMP’D TRAINING CAMP, July 8-11 at Robinson Middle School. Grades 4-6 8 a.m.-noon; grades 7-9 1-5 p.m. Cost is $160 (discounts for more than one in family). For more information, contact Tory Lorimer at (423) 579-4253.
• KING UNIVERSITY GIRLS CAMP, July 8-12 on campus. Camp is open to ages 7-17. For more information, go to kingtornado.com, call (423) 341-8985 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WEST COLONIAL HILLS CAMP run by Dickie Warren, July 15-18 from 9 a.m.-noon for boys and girls ages 7-14. For more information, call (423) 239-9911.
• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3, May 24-26 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $25 per player. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• UNICOI YMCA YOUTH INVITATIONAL, May 31-June 2 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SHOOTING STARS SUMMER CLASSIC, June 7-9 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, ages 9-17. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS TRI CITIES HOOPS, June 14-16 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• FRANKIE DEBUSK YOUTH CAMP, May 22-24 at the Tusculum College Indoor Practice Facility. The camp is open for grades K-8, cost is $85. For more information, contact assistant coach Justin Zimmerman at (919) 369-5350 or email@example.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN OFFENSIVE LINE CAMP, June 9-13 by Eagles offensive coordinator Mike Turner. Cost is $250 for overnight and $150 for day campers. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (865) 471-3364.
• SENSABAUGH CAMP CLASSIC, June 15 at J. Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. The free non-contact camp will feature Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh along with other NFL players, college players and trained coaches. The camp is open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-17. For more information, go to SensabaughCampClassic.com.
• JASON WITTEN SCORE FOUNDATION CAMP, June 22 in Elizabethton. The free football camp will feature personal instruction from Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and numerous other NFL and college players and coaches. The morning session is for ages 7-12, and the afternoon session is for ages 13-18. For more information, go to jasonwitten82.com/ssp/camp.
• INDIAN SPRINGS OPTIMISTS flag football and cheerleading signups for grades K-3, May 21 from 6-7 p.m. at McDonalds near Sullivan Central. For more information, contact Dee Gonce at (423) 323-5050.
• LYNN VIEW PEE WEE FOOTBALL signups through June 15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, call (423) 247-6937.
• TRI-CITIES SUSAN G. KOMEN tournament, June 8 at Cattails at Meadowview. 1 p.m. shotgun start, $100 entry fee. For more information, go to www.triewga.com.
• JUNIOR GOLF ACADEMY, June 3-6 at The Crossings from 8:45-11 a.m. Open to girls and boys ages 8-14. Cost is $80 for members, $100 non-members. Instruction by PGA pro Euggie Jones. For more information, contact the Crossings at (423) 348-8855.
• THE RIVER MILE, June 2 at Laurel Run Park in Church Hill. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• BEECH MOUNTAIN 10K CLIMBMAX, June 8. Entry fee is $30 for adults through May 6, $35 after that date. Race day registration is $40. Children under 13 enter for $20 anytime. For info call (828) 387-3003 or visit www.BeechMtn.com.
• CASA 8K & MILE, June 22 at Crockett Spring Park in Rogersville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• USA 10K TRAIL CHAMPIONSHIPS, June 29 at Beech Mountain’s Emerald Outback trail system. Entry fee is $35 by May 31/$40 through June 15. For race details and online registration visit www.MountainGoatRacing.com.
• FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 4 at Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 2K13 DOBYNS-BENNETT CAMP, June 17-20, 5:30-8 p.m. at Indian Highland Park. For boys and girls ages 6-18. Cost is $80 (family discounts available). Camp will be conducted by D-B coaches, collegiate coaches and players, and current Tribe players. For more information, go to pitchero.com/clubs/kingsportdobynsbennetths.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS: High school boys June 28-July; high school girls June 7-10. Cost is $350. Clinic for ages 4-12 will be June 3-6 and cost $99. For more information and to sign up, call (865) 471-3520 or email email@example.com.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT GIRLS SOFTBALL CAMP, June 19-21 for ages 7-12 at Indian Highland Park. Cost is $50.
• LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES, offered by the American Red Cross of NET at Dobyns-Bennett. Students must be 15 years old by the date of the first class. There is a pre-test of swimming skills that must be passed in order to be eligible. Cost is $200. Sessions will be held May 16-19 and 23-26 and June 6-10. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SWIM LESSONS being offered by the Aqua-Tick Swim School at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Swimmers must be 4 years old. Cost is $65 for eight 30 min. lessons. Sessions will be held May 13-16, June 3-6, 10-13, 17-20 and 24-27. For more information, contact Coach Lora Fowler at (423) 378-8551 or email@example.com. Registration forms may also be picked up in the D-B Activities office.
• THE SEA WOLVES AQUATIC PACK, a competitive, year round team, is holding open registration and try-outs. The team currently practices at Sullivan Central High School with plans to move to the Aquatic Center at the end of May. Open to swimmers from elementary school through college For more information, go to www.SWAPswimming.com or call (423) 714-7062.
• SWIM AMERICA SWIM LESSONS at the Dobyns-Bennett pool for ages 4 and up and all abilities. Session 1: May 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30, June 4; Session 2: June 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 26; Session 3: July 8, 11, 15, 17, 23, 25, 30. Cost is $87.50 ($70 for returning students). For more information go to www.KingsportPiranhas.com or contact Jorge Blasini firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 967-4264.
• KINGSPORT PARKS AND REC SUMMER TENNIS LESSONS. Two four-week sessions and one eight-week session, starting June 3. Two divisions: ages 6-10 and 11-14. Cost is $25 per session ($30 non-resident). Signips begin May 20 and there will be an onsite registration on May 30 from 5-7 p.m. at the V.O. Dobbins Senior Complex Tennis Courts. For more information, call (423) 224-2489.
• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner, May 28-31, $65; intermediate, June 4-7, $65; beginner/intermediate, June 25-28, $65; beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. There will also be sports camps for all ages 5-13 June 11-14 and July 9-12. Cost is $195. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.
• AL WILKES TENNIS PROGRAM, for girls and boys, 5-17, Thursday nights at 6 p.m. at the D-B courts. Cost for new players is $45 and $35 for return players. For more information, go to alwilkes.com or call (423) 930-7478.
•DOBYNS-BENNETT VOLLEYBALL CAMP, June 4-6. Girls entering grades 3-6 will 9:30-11 and cost of $35 .Girls entering grades 7-9 will be noon-2:30 and cost of $40. Registration held one hour before start of session on first day.
• EXCEL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. High school hitters and setters June 24-25, defense June 26-27. Middle school skills camp July 1-3. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wvball.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS AND CLINICS throughout July. Seven in total for all ages and skillsets. For more information, go to www.carsonnewmanvolleyballcamp.com, call (865) 471-4216 or email email@example.com.
•KANGAROO KLASSIC Outdoor Volleyball Tournament, hosted by Kingsport Parks and Recreation. Deadline to register is June 27. For more information, call (423) 229-9459 or (423) 229-9460.
• TORNADO WRESTLING CAMP, June 16-20 at King University. Cost is $175 ($275 for campers) and open to ages 11 and up. Discounts for teams. Deadline to register is June 1. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wrest.