A tornado touches down southwest of Wichita, Kan. near the town of Viola on Sunday, May 19, 2013. The tornado was part of a line of storms that past through the central plains on Sunday. (AP Photo/The Wichita Eagle, Travis Heying)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. OBAMA OFFERS STARK VIEW, AND ENCOURAGING WORDS, FOR BLACK GRADS
As an African-American man, he tells Morehouse's Class of '13, 'I might have been in prison. I might have been unemployed. I might not have been able to support a family. And that motivates me.'
2. SEVERE STORMS HIT PLAINS, UPPER MIDWEST
A tornado causes major damage at trailer park near Oklahoma City; a spotter says earth has been 'scoured.'
3. AT LEAST ONE SOMEONE IN FLORIDA MAY BE FEELING EXTRA SUNNY
The single winning ticket for the $590.5 million Powerball, sold in Zephyrhills, can be redeemed as soon as Monday morning.
4. TEA PARTY'S 'I TOLD YOU SO' MOMENT ARRIVES
Shouts of vindication could become a recruitment tool for those who fear an overreaching US government.
5.. HOW 2,000 FEET OF WRECKED TRACK IS WRECKING COMMUTES
The Connecticut collision knocks out Amtrak between New York and Boston, along with service for 30,000 Metro-North riders.
6. SYRIA REGIME'S ADVANCES IN BATTLE COMPLICATE PEACE-TALK PLANS
The US and Russia now face an even tougher task persuading Assad and opponents to sit down.
7. WHY THE PALESTINIANS STILL REJECT TEMPORARY BORDERS
The option has re-emerged but the fate of east Jerusalem remains a major sticking point.
8. SOUTH KOREA ANALYZING NORTH KOREA'S LAUNCH
Experts are looking into whether the projectiles fired over the weekend are short-range missiles or a new type of artillery.
9. TAYLOR SWIFT CLEANS UP AT BILLBOARD AWARDS
She won eight of 11 awards, including top artist and top Billboard 200 album for "Red."
10. PARKER, SPURS SCHOOL GRIZZLIES
San Antonio opens Western Conference finals with 105-83 win over Memphis.