The Upcoming Events list, a public service of the Times-News, runs on a space available basis and does not always run in its entirety. To list an event, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to (423) 392-1385, or contact the sports department after 5 p.m. at (423) 392-1323 or 1-800-251-0328 ext. 323. The list normally is published on Tuesdays. Submissions must be received at least one week prior to the event and include sport, dates, deadlines, location and contact information.
• NEW 16U TRAVEL TEAM looking for players. Age cutoff is May 1. Pitching experience is a must. Team will play four tournaments between Memorial Day and July 4. For information, call (423) 923-1011.
• DUGOUT CHALLENGE, May 10-12 at Ridgeview School. For ages 8-14. For more information, contact Greg Creech at (423) 378-4697 or email@example.com or go to www.netyouthsports.com.
• MILLIGAN COLLEGE Camps, June 3-7, July 8-12, July 15-19 and July 22-26. Full instructional camp for boys and girls ages 7-17. Cost is $165. For more information, contact Bill Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 461-8332.
• DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIVIDUAL CAMP, June 10-13 at the school. Camp is for ages 8-17; cost is $70 (discounts for two or more in family). For more information, call (423) 378-8475.
• SULLIVAN SOUTH CAMP, June 10-12, 9 a.m.-noon, for boys and girls ages 7-14. Cost is $40. Open registration June 10 8-9 a.m. at the school. For more information, call (423) 354-1300.
• ALICIA MANNING AMP’D TRAINING CAMP, July 8-11 at Robinson Middle School. Grades 4-6 8 a.m.-noon; grades 7-9 1-5 p.m. Cost is $160 (discounts for more than one in family). For more information, contact Tory Lorimer at (423) 579-4253.
• JUNIOR TOPPER HOOPS INVITATIONAL, May 3-5 at Science Hill. Divisions are boys and girls ages 9-17. $90 entry fee. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• UNICOI YMCA SPRING INVITATIONAL, May 10-13 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TRI STATE SUPER HOOPS CLASSIC, May 17-19 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, ages 9-17. Entry fee $90. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email email@example.com.
• SHOOTING STARS 3 ON 3, May 24-26 at Erwin YMCA. Boys and girls, grades 3-12. Entry fee $25 per player. For more information, call (423) 341-0133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• SENSABAUGH CAMP CLASSIC, June 15 at J. Fred Johnson Stadium in Kingsport. The free non-contact camp will feature Tennessee Titans cornerback Coty Sensabaugh along with other NFL players, college players and trained coaches. The camp is open to boys and girls between the ages of 6-17. For more information, go to SensabaughCampClassic.com.
• JASON WITTEN SCORE FOUNDATION CAMP, June 22 in Elizabethton. The free football camp will feature personal instruction from Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten and numerous other NFL and college players and coaches. The morning session is for ages 7-12, and the afternoon session is for ages 13-18. For more information, go to jasonwitten82.com/ssp/camp.
• SULLIVAN SOUTH BAND FUNDRAISER TOURNAMENT, May 4 at Warriors Path Golf Course. Entry Fee is $240, deadline to enter is April 22. Lunch included. For more information, call (423) 557-6701 or 863-2888.
• THE CROSSING 4-BALL, May 4 at 10 a.m. Shotgun start. Event is open to the public. Entry fee is $40 per person. For more info and to sign up call 348-8855 by May 3 at noon.
• AUTO WORLD MECC GOLF CLASSIC, May 17 at Lonesome Pine Country Club in Big Stone Gap. All proceeds to benefit scholarships for Mountain Empire Community College. Captain’s choice format, entry fee is $100. For more information, contact Jeri Bledsoe at (276) 523-2400 ext. 287 or email@example.com or go to meccfoundation.org.
• MOUNTAIN REGION SPEECH & HEARING CENTER/KINGSPORT SERTOMA CLUB tournament, May 18 at Cattails at MeadowView with an 8:15 a.m. shotgun start. Entry fee is $80 per individual and $320 per team and includes green fees, cart, biscuit breakfast and hamburger lunch plus a gift pack. Deadline to enter is May 15. For more information or to sign up, call (423) 246-4600 or visit webpages.charter.net/kptsertoma.
• SPRING FLING, May 18-19 at Baileyton Golf Club. Shotgun start both days at 8:30. Entry fee $200 per two-man team. Cash prizes per flight, with four flights. Field limited to 44 teams. For more information call (423) 234-5131.
• 11TH ANNUAL CASA GOLF CLASSIC, May 20 at the Country Club of Bristol. Shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Entry fee is $100 per player ($55 tax deductible). For more information, call (423) 247-1161 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TRI-CITIES SUSAN G. KOMEN tournament, June 8 at Cattails at Meadowview. 1 p.m. shotgun start, $100 entry fee. For more information, go to www.triewga.com.
• 5K-4KIRAH, May 5, 3 p.m. at Alexander Hall on the campus of ETSU in Johnson City. For more information contact Angie Rice 423-483-5135 or email@example.com.
• AMAZIN GRACE 5K & 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk, May 5, at First Baptist Church in Kingsport. All proceeds to benefit Providence Medical Clinic. For more information, go to www.fbcamazingrace5k.com or contact Allison Jones at (423)791-2757.
• GIRLS ON THE RUN OF NET 5K COLOR SPLASH, Sunday, May 19 at 2 p.m. at Milligan College Drive. There will be a 600-yard Junior Color Splash for runners under the age of 7 starting at 3:30. For more information visit www.gotrnetn.org or call (423) 502-6910.
• THE RIVER MILE, June 2 at Laurel Run Park in Church Hill. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BEECH MOUNTAIN 10K CLIMBMAX, June 8. Entry fee is $30 for adults through May 6, $35 after that date. Race day registration is $40. Children under 13 enter for $20 anytime. For info call (828) 387-3003 or visit www.BeechMtn.com.
• CASA 8K & MILE, June 22 at Crockett Spring Park in Rogersville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• FIRECRACKER 4 MILER, July 4 at Rogersville City Park. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• WOLF RUN, July 16 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 7 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• PHIPPS BEND 5K, Aug. 24 at Phipps Bend Industrial District in Surgoinsville. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, Sept. 14 at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. 15 mile trail race. For more information, go to RunTriCities.org or contact Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or email@example.com.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CAMPS: High school boys June 28-July; high school girls June 7-10. Cost is $350. Clinic for ages 4-12 will be June 3-6 and cost $99. For more information and to sign up, call (865) 471-3520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• EASTMAN MAY CLASSIC, May 3-5 at the Eastman Softball Complex. Men and Women’s divisions, USSSA Rules, Entry fee $200, deadline is May 1. For more information, call: Joe Douthat at (423) 224-7544 or Jack Henry at 384-1765.
• MAY MADNESS FUTURE STARS OF SPORTS WORLD QUALIFIER, May 4 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Divisions are 8U-18U. Cost is $50 for 8U and $175 for all others. For more information, call Scott Chafin at (276) 220-9708 or Kevin Stapleton at (276) 698-7410.
• LIFEGUARD TRAINING CLASSES, offered by the American Red Cross of NET at Dobyns-Bennett. Students must be 15 years old by the date of the first class. There is a pre-test of swimming skills that must be passed in order to be eligible. Cost is $200. Sessions will be held May 16-19 and 23-26 and June 6-10. For more information, call Jorge Blasini at (423) 967-4264 or e-mail email@example.com.
• SWIM LESSONS being offered by the Aqua-Tick Swim School at Dobyns-Bennett High School. Swimmers must be 4 years old. Cost is $65 for eight 30 min. lessons. Sessions will be held May 6-9 and 13-16, June 3-6, 10-13, 17-20 and 24-27. For more information, contact Coach Lora Fowler at (423) 378-8551 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms may also be picked up in the D-B Activities office.
• KINGSPORT PARKS & REC Kids 10-under Spring Tennis Session, Tuesdays April 30 to May 28. At V.O. Dobbins Sr. Complex, cost is $25. For more information, contact Tommy Wolterman at (423) 224-2489 or email@example.com.
• RIDGEFIELDS SUMMER TENNIS CAMPS, open to the public: beginner, May 28-31, $65; intermediate, June 4-7, $65; beginner/intermediate, June 25-28, $65; beginner/intermediate, July 16-19, $65. There will also be sports camps for all ages 5-13 June 11-14 and July 9-12. Cost is $195. Top tier tennis academy, July 29-Aug 1 for tournament and state ranked players only. For more information, call Mike Norris at (423) 723-9991 or Brad Pippin at (423) 383-0170.
• EXCEL CAMPS AT KING UNIVERSITY. High school hitters and setters June 24-25, defense June 26-27. Middle school skills camp July 1-3. For more information, go to kingtornado.com/sports/wvball.