Photo by Ned Jilton II.
KINGSPORT — The Kingsport Fire Department received a call of fire at Allandale Mansion around 4 p.m. Monday afternoon.
KFD Public Education Officer Barry Brickey said when Engine 4 first arrived on scene, smoke was found inside one of the wings of the building.
A maintenance worker was using a torch to do some maintenance on the chimney when an ember got inside of a crack around the chimney and started the fire, Brickey said.
The fire department took out part of the wall near the chimney and part of the interior wall to access the fire and then got it knocked down and put out quickly, Brickey said.