Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, Feb. 25, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a Buchanan County Technology and Career Center, Grundy, Va.; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Castlewood High School, Castlewood, Va.; and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Peterson Family Healthcare, Erwin.
• Tuesday, Feb. 26, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Domtar, Kingsport, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at the Wise County Career-Technical Center, Wise, Va.
• Wednesday, Feb. 27, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Mountain View Regional Medical Center, Norton, Va.; 1 to 6 p.m., at Jacobs Engineering Group, Kingsport; and 4:30 to 8 p.m., at Celebration Church, Blountville.
• Thursday, Feb. 28, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Sullivan East High School, Bluff City; 1 to 6 p.m., at Food City, Pennington Gap, Va.; and 3 to 6 p.m., at the Kingsport Times-News, Kingsport.
• Friday, March 1, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Lee High School, Jonesville, Va.; noon to 4 p.m., at Domtar Converting Center, Kingsport; and 2 to 6 p.m., at Walmart, Rogersville.
• Saturday, March 2, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., at the Julia Davis Collection Center, Ravine Street, Kingsport.
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood. Each individual’s blood donation to Marsh Regional helps people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 health-care facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with O-negative blood types are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.