Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations next week:
• On Monday, Feb. 18, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m., at VFP Concrete, Duffield, Va.; 1 to 6 p.m., at Tempur-Pedic, Duffield, Va.; and 4 to 8 p.m., at Snap Fitness, Jonesborough.
• On Tuesday, Feb. 19, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at City Hall, Rogersville; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Walmart, Fort Henry Drive, Kingsport; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at CGI, Lebanon, Va.; and 2 to 4:30 p.m., at Signature HealthCARE, Rogersville.
• Wednesday, Feb. 20, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at AT&T, Lebanon, Va.; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City; and 1 to 6 p.m., at Masonic Lodge, No. 318, Richlands, Va.
• Thursday, Feb. 21, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Office Max, Bristol, Va.; noon to 7:30 p.m., at Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport; and 1 to 6 p.m., at Food City, Coeburn, Va.
• Friday, Feb. 22, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport; 1 to 4 p.m., at T.J. Maxx, Kingsport; and 1 to 6 p.m., at Hotel Norton, Norton, Va.
• Saturday, Feb. 23, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Poplar Ridge Apartments, Gray.
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood — and an individual’s blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with O-negative blood types are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be 17 or older, weigh 110 pounds or more, and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, call (423) 224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.