Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
• Monday, Feb. 4, 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Advanced Call Center Technologies, Fairview Avenue, Johnson City; and 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Advanced Call Center Technologies, Marketplace Boulevard, Johnson City.
• Tuesday, Feb. 5, noon to 4:30 p.m., at Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Church Hill; and 2 to 5 p.m., at Wellmont Cancer Institute, Johnson City.
• Wednesday, Feb. 6, 7:45 a.m. to 3 p.m., Scott County Career and Technical Center, Gate City, Va.; 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at CenturyLink, Sixth Street, Bristol; and 4 to 8 p.m., at Colonial Heights Baptist Church, Kingsport.
• Thursday, Feb. 7, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Carter’s Valley Elementary School, Church Hill; 1 to 6 p.m., at Food City, Wise, Va.; and 4 to 7:30 p.m., at South Holston Ruritan Club, Bristol.
• Friday, Feb. 8, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol; 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., at Settlers Life Insurance, Bristol, Va.; and 1 to 4 p.m., at Mediserve Medical Equipment, Gray.
• Saturday, Feb. 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at Highlands Fellowship, Kingsport; and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Genesis Center for Wellness, Gray.
• Sunday, Feb. 10, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Johnson City.
As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and an individual’s blood donation to Marsh Regional stays local to help people in this region. Marsh Regional supplies blood to 22 healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Donors with O-negative blood types are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be 17 or older, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, call (423) 224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com.