GATE CITY — A Scott County grand jury indicted nearly 20 people last week on more than 37 felony charges ranging from drug distribution to check forgery and construction fraud.
The Scott County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office said a relatively small number of indictments were returned Dec. 6 due to the timing of the grand jury.
“This was the last (grand jury) of the year,” Scott County Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Dan Fellhauer said.
“It was a little bit smaller than our usual midterm grand jury because we had it earlier than usual. Typically we would do it in January, but we moved it before the holidays. So we anticipate a larger February grand jury than we normally have,” Fellhauer said.
The grand jury returned felony indictments on the following individuals:
• Michael Curtis Pickel, of Kingsport; conspiracy, construction fraud.
• Kathi Jo Pickel, of Kingsport, construction fraud, conspiracy.
• James D. Weatherly, of Kingsport, eight counts of forging stole checks.
• Victoria Weatherly, of Kingsport, three counts of forging stolen checks.
• Robert Lee Keith, of Nickelsville; possession of schedule I or II drugs
• Matthew Lee Johnson, of Blackwater; felony DWI third offense.
• Casandra Crystal Lauth, Kingsport, two counts of possession of Schedule I or II drugs
• George Alexander Moore, of Norton; possession of a firearm by a non-violent felon.
• Brandon Ray Wallen, of Gate City, two counts of distribution of a Schedule III drug.
• Benny Robert Osborne, of Gate City; two counts of distribution of a Schedule III drug, felony maintaining a house of common nuisance.
• Michael Dewayne Davidson, of Weber City; felony possession of a Schedule II drug.
• James Marion McMurray, Hiltons, conspiracy to distribute a Schedule III drug, distribution of a Schedule III drugs.
• Michael Hartsock, of Kingsport; steal a catalytic converter over $200, conspiracy.
• Johnny Ryan Eversole, Coe- burn, distribution of an imitation controlled substance, distribution within 1,000 feet of a school
• Roy Allen Hurd Jr., of Nickelsville; driving as an habitual offender.
• Anita Marie Berry, of Gate City; felony distribution of a Schedule IV drug.
• Alysha Mae Vaughn, of Duffield; distribution of a Schedule II drug, distribution of a Schedule III drug.
• Phillip Bryan Elliot, Gate City; distribution of a Schedule III drug.