Several events will be held at or by the Kingsport Senior Center, inside the Kingsport Renaissance Center, 1200 E. Center. They are:
• Information on Lincoln Heritage Funeral Advantage Plan, 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, Oct. 23, card room, presented by Ron Bedford. Light refreshments will be served. Sign up in the Senior Center office.
• Wellness seminar, “What’s on Your Plate: Smart Food Choices for Healthy Aging,” presented by Katy Fugua, M.S., R.D., L.D.N., 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 30, card room. Free. Light refreshments will be served.
• Halloween Party/Costume Contest, 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 31, theater and second-floor atrium. Best costume prizes for first, second and third provided by JC Penney Portrait Studio. See a remake of the Addams Family Portrait. Sign up in the Senior Center office.
• Be a Santa to a Senior Christmas Tree, Nov 1-Dec. 6, hallway outside the Senior Center office. Choose a name, bring a gift. We will have a gift wrapping party on date to be announced soon.
• Out-to-Lunch-Bunch, Shatley Springs Inn Restaurant, Crumpler, N.C., Friday, Nov. 2. Leave the Senior Center at 9 a.m., return by 4:30 p.m. Cost: $25.00 (transportation), plus lunch on your own. Please bring cash; no credit cards accepted. Lunch cost is $16.25 plus tax.
• Antique Roadshow, 12:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 5, cafeteria, with appraiser Steve Ladd. Five minutes per person with a minimum of two antiques. Please sign up in the Senior Center office.
• Game Show Day, 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 7, cafeteria. Come and play “Wheel of Fortune” with our look-alikes of Pat Sajack and Vanna White. The other game will be “What’s in the Box.” Light refreshments will be served. Please sign up in the Senior Center office, so we can plan accordingly.
To participate in any of the activities sponsored or presented by the Kingsport Senior Center, you must be a member. To become a member of the center you must be at least 50 or the spouse of a current member. Membership for city residents is $15 per year. For Sullivan County residents, membership is $35 per year, and all others pay $60 per year.
The Kingsport Senior Center, on the first floor of the Kingsport Renaissance Center, 1200 E. Center St., is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to noon, S a t u r d a y.
If you have any questions you may call the center at (423) 392-8400 or visit www.kptse? niors.com ? or on Facebook.
Remember “The Fun Begins At 50!”